could she be ill or not

• 6 Replies

karlooben

could she be ill or not
« on: October 04, 2009, 20:22 »
i have one of my original girls isnt quite right , sometimes she seems ok and eats well other times she just half sits down as if sulking with her eyes shut , her wings droop quite a lot of the time then all of a sudden they come back up again . shes also lost a lot of weight but shes been wormed an de liced , shes had acv and  live bio yoghurt  as well as antibiotics that i had spare but she still isnt right { not at the same time } . her feathers seem to have gone duller in colour as well ? and shes had watery poos for some time now but she does drink a lot . and as far as i know shes not laying unless shes the one whos laying the really dodgy shell eggs , i had her in quantine for nearly a week and she did not lay then and was miserable as she wasnt with the others but soon picked up when she saw me an thought she was going back out with the other girls . i am really wandering if its worth having her put to sleep  :(.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

poultrygeist

Re: could she be ill or not
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 20:52 »
According to our poo thread http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0 watery poo can indicate they're not eating enough, which i suppose would be the case if she's under the weather.
Can't really offer any advice as to the rest of her problems or whether you should have her put to sleep.
Not a nice decision and hope you can decide either way. :(

ROb 8)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 21:00 »
Is she one of your ex-batts Looby ?

She sounds poorly,  could be a kidney problem  :(

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10 »
shes the last remaining one of the two that i asssume were residents of the sancuarty i got them from i.e we wasnt meant to of picked them up but we did  :lol: totally by mistake of course . as far as i know she could be a very old bird as her an the other one were in perfect condition unlike the ex batts who were skinny an boney with no feather. i'll call my vets today and speak to them not that they will know much i am really thinking its kinder to let her go .

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 20:20 »
Please take her to the vet to have her checked out - I've just posted an RIP to my Lady G who died on Sunday, had also lost weight, watery droppings, not laying, also used to stand off from the others looking "down" but would perk up when I called her. I also fed her on bio yog mixed with mash & some grated cheddar (watch your fingers though, they love cheese!). Check out her undercarriage to see if there's any swelling, but please, whatever you do, don't make the same mistake I did and leave it too late to get help, you'll only regret it!

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 06:15 »
i have made an appointment for to see the vet but i doubt theres much that can be done . :(

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 09:05 »
Sorry Looby :( Let us know how she goes
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 29 queries.