Baytril antiobiotic
« on: September 19, 2009, 20:15 »
should i store it in the fridge?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Baytril antiobiotic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 20:34 »
No need to refridgerate.  Just store in a cool dark place  :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 20:42 »
and make sure the lid is on tight as it does evaporate quickly!
Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upert

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 20:46 »
thanks. also, i'm flubenvetting the birds yet i've missed a day here and there, does this really really matter? I'm sticking allsorts of meds in them and sometimes i miss one.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 22:09 »
Meds should be given at the correct timings. 

Make yourself a chart to help you to get it right.  It is important !

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 23:07 »
This is purely my own view but i would only give 1 lot of meds at a time! i would wait till the antibiotics are finished before starting the worming as all those drugs in the little chucks body!  ???

Debbie

upert

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 00:16 »
the vet said i'd done the right thing by treating for worms and coxy, but now i have the baytril i think i will leave off doping them up on everything. it's thought to be a bacterial infection of some sort, and even now one of the two that are ill seems to be in recovery.

thanks all.

iwantanallotment

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 01:04 »
If it's an infection Upert, give just the Baytril.
If in any doubt, just give the Baytril.

Worming can wait - worms won't harm/kill as quickly as an infection can. Coxoid too - it specifically states not to be mixed with any other medicinal product that can produce a similar effect. ie antibiotics (Baytril)

What are your birds' symptoms, Upert? Sorry if you've posted and I missed.
PS - when you do come to worming, it is important to follow the instructions religiously - worms have a lifecycle, and that is why it's so specific when to worm. If you get the days wrong or miss a day or two, you're back at square one and might as well not have bothered.

Hope that helps. Don't know your symptoms, but would always put AB first over worming & Coxoid - unless you strongly suspect a cocci invasion  ;)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 08:39 »
If it's an infection Upert, give just the Baytril.
If in any doubt, just give the Baytril.

Worming can wait - worms won't harm/kill as quickly as an infection can. Coxoid too - it specifically states not to be mixed with any other medicinal product that can produce a similar effect. ie antibiotics (Baytril)
What are your birds' symptoms, Upert? Sorry if you've posted and I missed.
PS - when you do come to worming, it is important to follow the instructions religiously - worms have a lifecycle, and that is why it's so specific when to worm. If you get the days wrong or miss a day or two, you're back at square one and might as well not have bothered.

Hope that helps. Don't know your symptoms, but would always put AB first over worming & Coxoid - unless you strongly suspect a cocci invasion  ;)

I thought that statement meant that you shouldnt use medicated feeds whilst using coxoid! as the medication in the feed acts as an immune system trigger in the bird to develop their own immunity by being exposed to small doses of the cocci, and if used with coxoid or baycox the 2 things will counteract each other (coxoid and baycox act like a wormer but for ocysts and their eggs!) if they have been treated with an anti cocci drug I give my babies their good bacteria back by putting oregostim in their water after treatment, others give live yoghurt!
Its important to know what your dealing with (hard i know when you are dealing with a vet who doesnt know their poultry) as i for one know that cocci can kill within hours and if i had given my babes antibiotics rather than coxoid i would of lost alot more than 5! :ohmy:

Debbie

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 08:42 »
the vet said i'd done the right thing by treating for worms and coxy, but now i have the baytril i think i will leave off doping them up on everything. it's thought to be a bacterial infection of some sort, and even now one of the two that are ill seems to be in recovery.

thanks all.

Use the baytril if the vet has prescribed it as you say you have already tried the coxoid and that would of treated that if it was cocci!, i just meant that i wouldnt be giving them wormer at the same time as the baytril. :happy:
sorry if i confused you! ???

xx
Baytril

Started by NormandyMary on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post October 25, 2010, 18:21
by Aunt Sally
xx
Baytril

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 28, 2009, 11:05
by dizzylizzie
xx
Baytril

Started by Tazzy on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 07:53
by Tazzy
xx
where do i get baytril from

Started by Rita on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post October 22, 2011, 16:30
by Topscaff

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 36 queries.