My poor little sonic the chicken attacked by family dog, will she live!

• 18 Replies

dizzylizzie

i would imagine that most dogs that have harmed people have bben friendly at some point because if you knew they were dangerous you wouldnt let them anywhere near anybody/thing, let alone your children. i know my dog is safe with my children, my youngest has run him over with his wheelchair, and fallen hard on him so many times, and the dog has not so much as growled at him. Also, how many children sleep with dogs in their bedroom, or play ball with them in the garden? im a fostercarer and i see far more children harmed by humans than i ever have by dogs! :)

detox

In my heart I wouldnt believe that lady my doby would have attacked that chicken. Not in a million years! The last time it happened I didnt actually see any proof that shed hurt hte chicken just a few feathers around the garden and sonic was fine, but this time took me completely by surprise as the chickens used to walk right past her nose all the time ever since we got them! She showed no mallice only a bit jealous when we gave the chickens some treats then she would go and nick em back! She is so gentle with children that ive never been too concerned about her but now im not so sure? Im always about when the kids are with her but im going to be extra vigilant from now on!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
They are all wolves in their heads !

Rubellite

I love my dogs and I love my kids. I had Dobes when the kids were younger with no problems, but I always felt uncomfortable when other kids were around. Some kids don't respect the dog's space as they know no different. Far better to be safe than sorry. I always keep my dogs away from kids as I wouldn't want to have to have them pts for snapping at a kiddie who poked it's finger in their eye for instance. There is often two sides to a story, sadly  :(

xx
my poor mummy chicken is getting attacked my my other hens

Started by nic n dave on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 24, 2011, 13:51
by Helenaj
xx
Sonic the Chicken

Started by Moby1 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post November 06, 2007, 19:17
by Fat Hen
xx
can one chicken live happily on it's own?

Started by sallylouise on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 13:42
by sallylouise
xx
chicken attacked by fox how to look after her now?

Started by Under The Hill on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 19, 2015, 07:22
by barley

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 27 queries.