Sweetest Peas?

• 17 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: Sweetest Peas?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 22:54 »
If it wasnt for Dave I wouldnt have been able to start the Stokesley. He sent me some last year and I forced myself to only eat one pod.  :(

There are some legalities involved in selling heritage peas, but not too sure about the details.  HSL can give you more details Im sure.

DD has really fired me up about heritage seeds, and when I get more time, Im really going to look at this seriously.  A season is a long time to find out that you are unhappy with a variety for one reason or another.  At least with heritage you have much more choice even if it is harder work
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

GreenOwl

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 14:05 »
Another really sweet pea is a petit pois pea called Calibre.  I got mine from Mr. F's a couple of years ago and I've been saving seed since 'cause we love 'em.  My soil is chalky rather than sandy though.

I recommend picking peas young as well.

maxie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 15:39 »
My early peas were Spring from marshalls and these were the best of my three varieties this year,shame the jackdaws started on them before i did  :mad:
Of the maincrops i usually end up back with Onward and Canoe,good croppers and nice to eat fresh,none of my peas ever makes it to the freezer.

xx
Peas - which variety is the sweetest?

Started by Middlesexbloke on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 21:20
by 3 allotments
xx
sweetest carrot

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post July 14, 2011, 01:11
by SUTTY1
xx
sweetest tomato

Started by qwerty565 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post January 13, 2012, 16:20
by shokkyy
xx
which is the sweetest parsnip?

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 20:12
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.794 seconds with 36 queries.