I am just wondering how long everyone spends at their plot per week?

• 19 Replies

lisa80

Re: I am just wondering how long everyone spends at their plot per week?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 10:47 »
we only manage to sort the weeds at weekends for 3 or 4 hrs. I do pop down every other day to pick stuff,however we are moving our chickens down there soon so will be going down every day most days twice .My son will be at pre school more come january so i plan to really get going with my green house and the plot.My o.h made me laugh the other day whilst looking over at the retired folks weed free plots ,i said u can dream but we wont be weed free til you retire (about another22 yrs!)he looked at me and with the most determined face said oh i will, even if it kills me i wont be beaten !!!! i laughed all the way home :)

veggirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 10:50 »
Last term, I would go after school every day for half an hour or so, then back later in the evening for an hour, work permitting. Come the holiday, I got into a habit of an hour or two first thing in the morning (7-9ish), then home for a cuppa and back for two or three hours in the evening and as much as I could get away with at weekends. Now it's term time again, son is back at school, OH is away working and I'm unemployed, I can go as I please - been twice today, and plan to spend a fair chunk of the evening there. I think I've got the hang of the dutch hoe at last (although I may have removed a few spring onions!). I have some seeds to plant, and I'm working slowly on the bindweed.....

bigginge

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 11:23 »
I'm lucky in that I work from home as a web designer and often have to wait days for a customer to send amendments, so I can spend a lot of time down the plot. I've been 2 or 3 hours a day this week, and my wife and I had dinner down there Monday evening - chips from the local chippy. We got the plot in April and were lucky to get a good sized shed given to us soon after, so we've got tables and chairs and a gas stove, a coffee pot and kettle etc., as well as our tools. I'll be going down soon for lunch and to dig in some manure for autumn broad beans, and do a bit of watering. I must admit I've really got the bug and if I have to go to a family do I often think I'd rather be down the allotment!
This weekend is the Community day down there so it'll be a bbq with our grandchildren, hopefully cooking our sweetcorn which are just ready.

pennsylvania planters

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 11:28 »
I spend around 2-3hrs a day on the plot (i'm a stay at home dad).
But only get around 30mins actual work done. The rest of my time is spent talking with other plot holders, or just pottering around.
 ::)

veggirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 11:30 »
Sorry, isn't that the point?

xx
How Long do you spend on your plot?

Started by John on Grow Your Own

37 Replies
Last post October 12, 2008, 15:27
by tracy-fuerteventura
clip
Wondering what we've got ourselves into

Started by SethL on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post March 07, 2021, 14:37
by SethL
xx
I was wondering if anyone could help me please....

Started by nuttytart on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post February 17, 2011, 20:31
by nuttytart
clip
California Wondering

Started by Dai on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 24, 2015, 14:36
by Dr_Pepper

Page created in 0.559 seconds with 36 queries.