other egg delights

• 22 Replies

nzdunn

other egg delights
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:49 »
Unfortuantly im not very good in the kitchen when it comes to fixing something up and will go as far as saying that before i got my girlies i never much ate eggs, prehaps the odd fried one.    With our eggs ive sampled for the first time a poached egg and ive been making cakes also, i was wondering wot other delights you can make with an egg, i know scrambled, omlet etc, wots your favourite.   nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: other egg delights
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 13:17 »
just had quiche (made to the recipe supplie by poppie) yum  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 19:41 »
yeh cheese an tom quiche mum made 2 the other night an they were large ones took just under 48 hours to polish both of them off  :lol: :lol: i always get my own an its eaten hot out the oven  or u can make chocolate an walnut brownies they so simply that even i can make them  :D
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Poolfield2

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 23:34 »
I put them hardboiled into fish pie and in Czec republic I was given hard boiled egg with mayo , chopped chives and chopped red pepper on bread for breakfast and it was delish.

On the scrambled egg front, you can make a dish called Piperade?, you gently fry onion and garlic and peppers then add chopped fresh toms and when that is all cooked you add the eggs and stir it together. Looks disgusting but tastes fantastic (eat with eyes closed??) :lol:

karlooben

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 06:20 »
isnt that what they call a spanish omlete poolfield ? sounds liek it to me

Poolfield2

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:45 »
A bit similar Looby but that usually has peas, onions and little diced poatoes and herbs and you don't stir it when cooking. This is defo scrambled and so a softer texture and I love the garlic.

Sue33

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 14:30 »

we have corned beef quiche, the courgette frittata is nice, my favourite is scrambley eggs with smoked salmon cooked in it  :D

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 15:29 »
I love an egg custard with nutmeg grated on top.  YUM
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

karlooben

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 19:23 »
can u tell poolfield that i have never made it  :lol:

Poolfield2

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 22:21 »
can u tell poolfield that i have never made it  :lol:

::)

Well you've heard of it, that nearly counts :lol:

karlooben

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 22:51 »
someone on the site the other week told me to go make one but she made it sound yukky , think i will look up the recipe an give it a go during the week but if u dont see me on here for a while you know i have done myself damage with my cooking  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poolfield2

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 23:01 »
If you don't post at least once in every 24 hours we'll send the ambulance :lol: :lol:

karlooben

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 06:11 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

HLS

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 16:47 »
someone on the site the other week told me to go make one but she made it sound yukky , think i will look up the recipe an give it a go during the week but if u dont see me on here for a while you know i have done myself damage with my cooking  :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best Spanish omelette I've ever tasted was made like this:

Slice onions and potatoes (about pound coin thickness) and cook slowly in the best olive oil you've got, with enough oil to come at least halfway up the potatoes.  Drain excess oil off (you can use it again if it's within a few days).  The flavour of the olive oil really makes a difference!

Beat eggs (how many depends on the size of your frying pan, but you're aiming for a thick omelette - I use six in a small pan) only just enough to mix them, with a pinch of salt.  Pour into the pan, mix round once, then let everything settle (poke potatoes so they go under the egg).

Cook on a very low heat with a lid on for 15-20 minutes, or more if it needs it, until mostly set.  Turn the omelette over by using a large plate - take pan off heat, put plate over pan, turn whole thing upside-down, remove pan, slide omelette off plate back into pan (works best if plate is a little wet).  Keep on a gentle heat until it's completely set.

Serve hot, room temperature, or cold, in wedges.  Will keep for lunch the next day if you've made too much.

Usually when I'm making it I cheat and parboil the potatoes then mix them into onions fried gently in less olive oil, and often I make a thinner omelette that cooks more quickly, although it's still a very different sort of omelette to the French sort where you beat the eggs a lot and cook them quickly to keep them fluffy.  The flavours are really simple (just onion and potato and olive oil, no other veg) but really really good. 

Poolfield2

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 16:54 »
As long as I've got eggs I don't really care about meat!

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 36 queries.