a bit confused by cauliflowers!!

• 1 Replies

starry

a bit confused by cauliflowers!!
« on: September 04, 2009, 20:37 »
I have a few caulis growing  now (about 5 in total of which I think one might be successful ( I don't think I watered them enough) my lottie neighbour told me caulis like the damp so are best grown either spring or winter so can I use my left over seeds for my autumn cropping caulis in January or do I have to by a different type and what is the best way to grow them in the winter ??   :unsure:
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: a bit confused by cauliflowers!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 16:08 »
Hi Starry

Im a bit confused by your post (doesnt take much believe me!)

If you want to grow caulies through the winter then you need to get some different spring cropping seeds to the autumn cropping ones youve got in already and sow asap

Caulies do like it damp and they also should have a couple of leaves bent over to
shield the white centre from the sun.  They also like very firm soil as all brassicas do.  I would also warn you not to expect then to grow to a large size.  They are very prone to bolting, so dont leave them to get really big. They wont

Does that help at all? Or am I talking  :wacko: :wacko:
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

xx
Cauliflowers

Started by Pep on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2009, 20:51
by Jay Dubya
xx
sorry looking cauliflowers

Started by shadsncoops on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 14:17
by Salmo
xx
cauliflowers

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 13, 2022, 08:27
by coldandwindy
xx
I need help with cauliflowers.

Started by mandycharlie on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post July 31, 2008, 21:09
by gobs

Page created in 0.634 seconds with 36 queries.