GGGGRRRRRRRR mad

• 12 Replies

matilda duck

GGGGRRRRRRRR mad
« on: September 04, 2009, 14:28 »
I'm having a BAD day today.  My nerves are on edge again.......had panic attack on Tue and feel one more is iminent :(

Any way all holiday I have let my 2 children look after the gang.  Makes them feel they are doing something good and they are learning from it.
Today I thought it was about time I checked the girls over, so then thought I may as well clean them out.  (they were done last week)
Found WORMS :ohmy: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am so cross with myself although they are very small worms, I feel I have let my girls down >:(
I have the flubivent and so will start treatment in a bit, they're in the garden at the moment.
I am just so mad with myself.   Call myself a chicken keeper >:(

dizzylizzie

Re: GGGGRRRRRRRR mad
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 14:55 »
Sam, its worms hunny, its not the end of the world, they are not infested, they are not ill, you have started worming them, and your kids have had the fantastic experance of taking responsibility for live animals. i havent been on this forum very long, but from your posts you can tell how much you love and care for your girls. Dont beat yourself up over this , you are a responsible owner, who is giving her girls promt treatment when they need it xxx

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 15:36 »
Hey, it happens, but I know how you feel, I was the same when I realised  we had red-mite. 
You have spotted it and are treating it, they will soon go and everything will be back to normal. 
Not worth getting in a tiz, honest  :)
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

grumpydad

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 16:38 »
if you have found the problem and are treating it, then its no big problem, at least they will be ok in a few days.

do a monty python,try to look on the bright side of life.

martyn

poultrygeist

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 16:48 »
Until you find them, you don't know they've got them, so you can't be mad at yourself for that.

The worst thing is having to treat them for 7 days on a pinch of the stuff each  ::)

Rob 8)

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 17:35 »
I understand how you feel completely!  I felt SO guilty when I saw worms in one of my hen's poos.  I nashed my teeth and kept wondering what I did wrong that this could have happened.  Don't beat yourself up, sweetie.  I bet it happens to alot of us!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Brambles

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 17:57 »
I too know just how you feel...  I had my first ever most AWFUL infestation of red mite this summer... I felt I had really let my girls down especially as one was looking very pale and sorry for herself..... I felt dirty, I felt my cats and dog were dirty and my house too....  After a BIG sort out and cleaning us all up and out, we are all back to normal and I will not let this ever EVER happen again.   Now with more regular dustings and Poultry Shield squirtings, my girls are happy as Larry... and laying brilliantly.   (Cats and dog never did know what all the fuss was about.... they never so much as saw a mite!  I just worried in case they might!)  We do our best, and if things go a bit wrong we learn...  and THANK GOODNESS for this site and all our friends with their help and advice :D :D :D

jo40

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 21:04 »
You checked your chickens  :)
You found worms :(
Your treating them  :)
I have learnt that you cant prevent these things, being a good and responsible chicken keeper (and mother) is to do your best to resolve 'situations' as they arise.
Jo

Sassy

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:35 »
Don't beat yourself up about it. You have noticed it now and are dealing with it. What more could your chooks ask?

There is a school of thought that regular worming can increase worms immunity to the products and therefore, animals should be wormed only on suspicion or proof of worms. Depends on who you ask. How often you worm also depends on how you keep your animals and your own opinion.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 09:46 »
Let's face it, even that meerkat on TV has worms! :lol: nothing to worry yourself about, it's treatable and at least you DID spot them which makes you a GOOD chicken keeper. :D

matilda duck

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 10:08 »
Bless you all with your kind comments.  I have calmed down now  ::)
The chucks started their treatment yesterday and have had some today.
Silly me I did get in a right old tizzy. 
Never mind all is well this morning so far.  I opened the shed up to find 4 hens in 1 nest box????  Wouldn't mind but they have 2 boxes.  Oh well did make me giggle :D

Thankyou all for being such kind people x  sam x

Flowerpower136

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 15:44 »
I've just started Flubenvetting mine today.....mix, mix, mix, mix.  It's got to be done.  This time next week, it will all be fine.

karlooben

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 19:39 »
bit like me with having lice yet again . i have drowned them in diatom an althoguh some of the head lice { they have tiny lice an longer ones around thier head an neck feathers }  are still moving thier legs they cant move thier bodies as they are almost dead  :lol: . thing is my dogs keep scratching and i havent noticed fleas but i am worried i have given them the lice but with buddy my jack russell its differcult to tell at times as he has a skin itching prob anyway which sometimes the steriods cure but after the last time they never did much good .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 36 queries.