Shed companies which people have used

• 9 Replies

Beetroot queen

Shed companies which people have used
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:00 »
We need a shed for the plot and after a terrible experience with B and Q a few years ago, i dont want to go there again.

Anyone got a really good shed from of the internet? if you can let me know where from with a piccy that would be great.

Hubby could build one, but he helped build the titanic which is why it sank, he only uses bolts and screws and nails, well thats a filthy word in his books ::)

noshed

Re: Shed companies which people have used
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 16:57 »
We got our lotty shop from here: http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/
They were helpful and delivered etc on time. Ours was metal though but they do wooden ones as well
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 16:58 »
We got our lotty shop from here: http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/
They were helpful and delivered etc on time. Ours was metal though but they do wooden ones as well

Thank you will have a look  :D

Grecian Gardener

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 20:58 »
I was seriously thinking  of getting a £98 budget shed from B & Q, what was your experience with B & Q? 

noshed

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 22:37 »
Mine is a £99 one, which is obviously vastly superior to the one you are considering. They are made of a sort of rigid blotting paper but mine has lasted 4 years. I put bigger floor bearers on and when it was up I put shelves in, built of pallet wood, which has braced it a bit. Then I used decking screws rather than the nails.
Just use your common sense, a cheap shed will be flimsy but it does give you a start.

sean moore

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:04 »
try this i bought mine for home from here 8 years ago solid as a rock
http://www.shedscene.com/

they will deliver and erect
regards
sean

johnfh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55 »
Bought a shed in Spring this year and very pleased with it. Price included delivery and erection and they came as promised by date and time. The firm is a fairly local to you so well worth considering.  This was an ebay offer so not sure whether they still have this deal in operation but worth a try.

The roof and floor are man made (weyrock I think its called) but very durable and equally as strong as wood and you cannot see anything but wood from outside.  The wood is reasonably strong but not that thick but I think the whole thing was very good for the price - if you want top quality you will need to pay twice this much.

Links to firm and shed

http://www.foresters-sheds.co.uk

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal 190301823946 8x6 Garden Shed, Workshop, Storage Space, BRAND NEW!! 1 £219.00 GBP £219.00 GBP

Good luck!
John

Beetroot queen

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 14:22 »
I was seriously thinking  of getting a £98 budget shed from B & Q, what was your experience with B & Q? 

The first one they sent the driver sent back as he lifted it he noticed the under panels were fit for no more than fire wood, the second came in a similiar state. The third one was slightly better but still crached and broken it didnt get off the lorry before I said do you know what, you can keep the shed and I will have a refund to which the driver replied I dont blame you  :ohmy:

Grecian Gardener

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 21:12 »
Very helpful comments, it's convinced me that a more expensive option is the best long term solution.  Foresters is local for me and  their products look good so will probably get something from them.

Allotment Jon

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 13:39 »
My B&Q is fine however do not use the roofing felt that is supplied with it as it will last weeks rather than months.

I used heavy duty felt from Wikes, strengthened the floor and fitted extra battens down the length of it with hooks screwed in to hang stuff on.

Also gave it 2 coats of protective paint and has lasted over a year without any problem.

xx
I need some help please people with a briggs and stratton engine

Started by ryrys on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 17:29
by Gwiz
xx
BUY A 6X4 SHED

Started by Henry on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 22:18
by gowing238
xx
Shed! Nearly done...

Started by Heather_S on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2006, 20:30
by John
xx
Shed help please

Started by themoog on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post September 26, 2008, 22:29
by noshed

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 29 queries.