Re: Our Plans
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2009, 13:02 »

Everyone here will tell you -  I have it in for everyone

:D :D :D  SAS  - Scary Aunt Sally  :D  :D :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2009, 13:03 »
Again sorry if you do feel we are picking on you but all anyone on here is trying to do is
1) help you get things sorted before you get your girls,
2) help you get the best girls to suit your needs (hence the link to wiltshire suppliers) and to stop you from spending a fortune,
3) help you with giving the chickens the best nutition for their needs, and
4) advise on getting them home - I do not have a back seat as I drive a van so they either travel in a box on the front seat or in a box in the back.
Joy xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

poultrygeist

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2009, 13:04 »
Hi Fi.

It is difficult to get to know the whole person from a few sentences on a forum but sometimes we make assumptions, rightly or wrongly, to try to give the correct advice.

As dizzielizzie says, we have the chickens' interests at heart and if the advice sometimes seems to be overlooked (even though it may not be), it may be put more forcefully.
Thanks for clarifying your situation for us and hopefully we can help you to get a top quality set up that works for you and the chickens. :)

Rob 8)

ps. yes, aunt sally does have it in for all of us unless we bribe her with cakes  :unsure:

Feeb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2009, 13:11 »
hey guys, i have taken all the advice onboard, some of it is not necessary for my situation, for example i live near a busy road and am surrounded on all sides by people and buildings and workers and stuff so i dont need massive fox protection, i can lock them up at night when the foxes come out but there is no way a fox can come here during the day

i have taken advice about food and researched and found a healthy organic pellet company who i can get stuff with

Please dont assume i am not listening, i would not have made the thread otherwise.

Dispite all that i have been told i am a child and i am unclear, of course i am unclear i knew a few days ago i want chickens and i am solidifying ideas and thoughts and suggestions all the time, some of them work some of them dont

i am glad to hear SAS has it in for everyone because i was really starting to feel quite picked on and worried that i had majorly upset you all in the space of a day!

joyfull

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2009, 13:17 »
When you get your girls you will see that all this stress now will just melt away and you will wish you had done it earlier. You cannot beat getting your own freshly laid organically fed eggs  :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009, 13:17 »
Just to be a pain, can I say that a fox can get pretty much anywhere if it's hungry. :unsure:

We've seen so many sad tales on the forum of people who thought they were safe and then one day..... :(

It is always up to you what you do, but we like to urge (perhaps too forcefully at times? :wub:) as much protection as you can give.

I was thinking that near Salisbury, there ought to be an agricultural supplier that could sell poultry bits to save you the postage. Equestrian suppliers often sell drinkers and feeders, etc.

Rob 8)

dizzylizzie

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009, 13:26 »
Feebs, im not having a go i promise. i live on a large housing estate, my back garden is backed on all sides by other peoples  gardens. every morning when my hubby goes to work, he opens the front door and see's a large dog fox running away from our drive! urban foxes are more daring than country foxes because they are used to noises, people, car alarms etc. foxes will and do strike in the daytime, where ever you live, and i promise you, chicken wire will not keep them out. Foxes teeth are like razors, read some of the heart breaking stories about the aftermath of fox attacks on here if you are not convinced . the trouble is, that once you realise you were not properly protected, its often too late. i would take every precaution possibal hun, it still may not be enough, but at least then you know you will have done everything in your power :)

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2009, 13:35 »
Hey Feeb, no-one's picking on you, please don't feel that.  Everyone is just trying to help, it just happens that some do it more forcefully than others!  :D

And you know what's like when you talk to someone via text, or a forum like this, things can be easily misinterpreted, or offence taken when none was intended.

What I've learned is that everyone has their own way of doing things and they are all slightly different.  Having only been a chicken mum for a month now, I hesitate to give you any chook advice, I can only give you the same piece of advice that I was given when I was pregnant - for "baby" read "chickens"!:

"Everyone will have an opinion of the best way of bringing up baby.  Listen, nod politely, take it all on board and use the bits that work for you.  Forget the rest."

Good luck and, despite all the grumblings, they are a good bunch on here who are very very very knowledgeable so don't be put off!  :)

too many girls

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2009, 13:38 »
you think your being picked on? :ohmy: you haven't even been on the norty step yet! i practically live there and have my own cushion and mini bar :lol:

joyfull

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2009, 13:41 »
at least you have a cushion - I have to take prep h with me!!  :lol:

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2009, 13:42 »
Where is the naughty step?  Do we have to go all the way to Auntie's?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2009, 13:43 »
This is how Aunty rules the forum.  :lol:

kvs4bOMv5Xw
Cheese makes everything better.

Sue33

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2009, 13:45 »

i practically live there and have my own cushion and mini bar

sounds good to me  :lol: :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2009, 13:52 »
This is how Aunty rules the forum.  :lol:

kvs4bOMv5Xw

Pip and i watched that the other night, back to back carry on films, she laughed her socks off.............

dizzylizzie

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2009, 13:53 »
O.M.G ice, that was sooo funny. i'd get my bag packed tho.....your gonna be on the norty step A LONG TIME :D

xx
New run - plans

Started by rosied on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post December 18, 2008, 17:03
by poultrygeist
question
Run Plans?

Started by LittleRedHen on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 16:28
by stoko
xx
Plans are a foot...

Started by Porffor on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 23:06
by Porffor
xx
CHICKEN ARK PLANS

Started by benkelway on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 07:45
by lisa80

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 37 queries.