Continuing saga - Broody chook!

• 2 Replies

littlewitch

Continuing saga - Broody chook!
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:31 »
Well,  the latest update to our daft chook that went broody is that 24hours in 'Cell Block H'  :tongue2: on basic rations seems to have worked a treat  :happy:.   Her tail appears to be returning to normal (not curled over her back like it was) she's not quite so grumpy   >:( & aggresive with the other girls & is not showing inclination to head for the nesting boxes once she's eaten and she definately does not want to be on her own  :wacko: - wherever her chums are she wants to be with them.
So thanks to you all for your advice previously, having tried and tested out a few - including dunking her in bucket of water  :blink:  - it does seem that the best option is isolation.  OH having built 'Cell Block H' as isolation hut made sure it doubles as an extra shelter for the girls during bad weather & with it still chucking it down here a couple have started to try it out   ::) - so no more squashing into their feeding station out of the rain  :nowink:

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Re: Continuing saga - Broody chook!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20 »
I'm so glad this worked for you!  I'm going to have a go of it when Molly decides to go broody again.  Yes!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

littlewitch

Re: Continuing saga - Broody chook!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 15:00 »
At least we'll know exactly what to do should/when it happens (as its bound to) again with hopefully not her - but remaining girls.  :blink:
It'll be straight into solitary confinement - no messing about!!! :blush:

xx
Help new chook owner -is my chook ill or broody?

Started by all chook up on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 12:53
by slowef
xx
The gender-bending chook saga continues!

Started by unaspenser on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 11, 2008, 17:37
by unaspenser
xx
How do I get my broody chook to eat?

Started by gingerplant on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 21:27
by redmolly
xx
Broody chook, currently sat on eggs!

Started by becky on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 14, 2006, 19:54
by becky

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 38 queries.