Do i name them?

• 30 Replies

dizzylizzie

Re: Do i name them?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 07:24 »
we picked names before they came, and they all grew into thiers aswel....they all really suit their names :D
we have henrietta (aka frilly knickers). cornflake, bramble, bracken,dory,willow....and our new turkey that sarah is hatching out for us is going to be wallace :D

death of rats

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01 »
Atilla the Hen for the bossy one.
Ygor for the cockrel
Bert for the stunted white silkie witht he personality of a spaniel
All have names,
Now retired from the day job and working hard on my smallholding.

nzdunn

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 11:27 »
We'd thought of names long before we got our 4 girls. Princess Layer, Jabba the chuck, Hen solo, Obi-hen-kenobi! But when we collected them and got them home they became Chooky, Margot, Nancy and Eggy Pecky (named by our 7 years old, not because shes a pecker)

You forgot Chew'bock'er, Count dookcoup, The henporer, sorry im getting carried away :nowink: :nowink: :nowink: nicky :happy:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:33 by nzdunn »

dizzylizzie

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 11:37 »
you need more chucks ;)

charles chickens

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 11:57 »
mine are named
charles
snowy
spot
achmed the terroist
and i call them by there names and they even take notice

danmegal

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 12:38 »
We have Dora the cockerel (yes was supposed to be a girl but the name stuck anyway!) Emma and Ace the hens and the two chicks are just known as 'the boys'.

Jeanette

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 12:43 »
We named ours after the loose women so we have Sherry, Jackie, Jane, Carol, Kate, and the other 3 my grandson named Bella, Betty, and my favorite Mavis.

Sassy

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 10:08 »
I named my first hens and decided that my second lot were all going to be called Dave. However, you cannot help noticing the different personalities so it really doesn't make any difference in the end. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

jackieb

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 16:22 »
Ours are

Bella
Rosie
Penny
Geraldine
Daisy
Lily

Daisy and Lily are the new additions and they are all ex-batts.

Evansent

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 21:41 »
Mine are...
Gertrude (with attitude)
penny
Katie
Henrietta
Ruby
Jasmine

and4 of the 5 new chicks have names...
Bob
Marley
Pingu
Peggety

:D
It's not the years that age you, it's the weekends!!!

lina

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 23:38 »
My ex-bats are Nesta, Esther and Vesta. Nesta named cause she looked like a nest (scruffy) and likes to make them. The all seem to answer to the same name so it sort of works.
L x

Callie

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 01:14 »
our first 4, Warrens, are Queenie (the boss), Magpie (likes shiney things), Wendy the wormer and Snowflake, then the 2 Columbines are Margaret & Mildred. 

Then we had 2 Amber links, we called Myrtle (the new boss) and Ducky, a Sussex Star called Bella and a Bluebelle called Rhubarb

ladyhotspur

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 15:15 »
Some great names here, mine look quite alike but we have Marge whos large lol and Lady Gaga who  always clucks around me and the other i call ladies or girls. Our cockerel is named Dexter after the series about a serial killer.
My other half didnt want them to have names  :)

gingerplant

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 15:19 »
We have two light sussex called Ella and Susie (named by my 4 year old daughter) and a barred wyandotte (or that's what she was sold to me as.... not convinced now!) called Rosie (named by my 2 year old boy, after Rosie the Tank Engine - tried to call her Gordon but we vetoed and said it had to be girl's engine name lol!

eveshamchelle

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 15:28 »
Before we got our three we decided that we would call them Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  We thought that it was taking PC-ness to the ultimate limit, to fit with society  :tongue2:

Breakfast sadly died last Friday and she was a proper character, she was always first out in the morning, so she really lived up to her name, Dinner is an evening girl, so again, she's lived up to her name as well!  We are getting two more in a couple of weeks, they're going to be called Supper and Tea.  The next two (that I'm yet to convince hubby about) are going to be Snack and Brunch.

Our girls do seem to recognise their names too, they come over when called, which is quite cool.  Hubby does just mainly call them 'chickens' and they blank him! Hahaha  :D  They respond to 'Girliegirls' sometimes, but it's their names they recognise most. 

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 36 queries.