Hatching!!

• 5 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Hatching!!
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:59 »
Having never had a broody i would really like some advice please!
I switched the eggs in bokkys nest as only 2 were growing and she had already been sat for 2 wks with 2 wks left to go so gave her 6 eggs that were in the incubator due now tomorrow! when i asked the question if this was ok kate suggested maybe not so went to switch them back and Bokky really went for me! i think she knows they are about to hatch! so have left her!  ??? my question is do i still turf her off the nest for the next couple of days to eat and poop or does she now need to sit tight till they have hatched (she never came off the nest of her own accord before)
Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Hatching!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08 »
When are the eggs due to hatch?
Staffies are softer than you think.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10 »
Tomorrow!  ???

snowflake

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:24 »
leave her alone she knows whats shes doing, give her peace and quiet for a few days even after hatching just make sure she has water in a safe dish.

oddpaws

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50 »
I pretty much left my girl alone for the last week just ensured she had food and water within easy reach.
a mum is for life..not just for cleaning! ;@)

Happy Hens

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13 »
Hi Debbie :tongue2:
This last season/summer, I have had many broody hens more so this year then any other year. Mainly ex batts.
I suppose i've been lucky in the fact that i've not had to interfere that much with my broody girls by pushing them of the nest to have a drink etc. Thinking back it was just a broody pekin which i removed so it could go and freshen up.
I do this alot swapping eggs between the incubator and my hens. I would leave her alone to get on with it.  Unfortunately my friend did loose one of her girls as she didn't get of the nest to drink or eat so just keeping check like you are is good.   :) Haley

Having never had a broody i would really like some advice please!
I switched the eggs in bokkys nest as only 2 were growing and she had already been sat for 2 wks with 2 wks left to go so gave her 6 eggs that were in the incubator due now tomorrow! when i asked the question if this was ok kate suggested maybe not so went to switch them back and Bokky really went for me! i think she knows they are about to hatch! so have left her!  ??? my question is do i still turf her off the nest for the next couple of days to eat and poop or does she now need to sit tight till they have hatched (she never came off the nest of her own accord before)
Debbie
Happy Hens Make Garden Friends

xx
hatching

Started by Jo57 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2013, 07:41
by Jo57
xx
hatching egg

Started by sange180 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 17:07
by sange180
xx
Hatching help :)

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post September 21, 2009, 21:08
by Chookiechook
xx
When is hatching day?

Started by danmegal on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 15:04
by poppies

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 37 queries.