ILT OR MG

• 23 Replies

drumcrow

• ALAN
    • doyle jewellery design
Re: ILT OR MG
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 21:20 »
i hope they do pull through i have hand reared them and it would be a totol waste of life they are lovely birds.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 21:43 by drumcrow »
if you have chickens you have rats

drumcrow

• ALAN
    • doyle jewellery design
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 21:25 »
They are my birds i hand reared them from egg to chick to pullet to hen/cockerel and there mammys were also my birds until one of my dogs got to them.
there about 20wks old to prob 25wks would be the eldest one.
they have been sick for 3wks or so i thought they had a respiratory problem or a flu or cold so i got them RESPITE and had them on that for a wk i think. that wasnt workin so i did some research and also contacted the vets.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 21:59 by drumcrow »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 21:33 »
I had a hen with myco (she was about the same age as yours) - treated all of mine with aureomycin and they were fine, only one showed the symptoms.
Staffies are softer than you think.

iwantanallotment

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57 »
Fingers crossed for them, Alan. It must be especially tough since you've reared them personally. At 20 weeks I reckon they're strong enough to fight it off, though.

Knew I was tempting fate by rolling out the flags that my last Welsummer chick is ok - she's now sneezing  :(

It started slightly yesterday, but I put that down to the fact that she shook her head after being given her Baytril, and it went up her nose. I kept wiping it off her beak all morning.

But today she's been sneezing lots  :( No way does she still have Baytril up there.
She's bright as a button, eating for a kingdom, and today her eyes changed from grey to amber. She isn't gasping though - yet.

It's been a week since the last chick died, but after seeing how quickly the others went I can't help fearing for little Orchid  :(

Dreading checking on her in the morning  :(

Bl**dy chicks & disease, it's doing my head in.  Sorry for the bl**dy, auntie.

drumcrow

• ALAN
    • doyle jewellery design
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 08:37 »
Well today ill be clearing out the hen house again and spraying it with disinfectan. i think thats whats helping to slow up the ILT or MG and i have 3 nice big bags of wood shaving to put back in to there house. :) i also hope when i go down there today they'll be in better form.
I know i the rep.of ireland there is a bit of an out break of MG in the area were i live. my vet was on to one of the vet labs and they said they where seeing a lot of  MG cases this year. i go to a vet in the n.of ireland and i think they havent heard of anyone yet in the north that has chucks with MG  and the UK are getting a few cases this year but i read some where that the UK has MG under control or nearly wiped out something to do with the help of breeders no quit sure i read so much stuff on the net yesterday i dont know what site i got that from.
well good luck to any body who has chucks with ILT or MG

iwantanallotment

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37 »
How are they today, Alan?  Any signs of improvement?

Mine is no worse & still not gasping - in my little bit of experience I've found that's when they're in trouble, when the gasping starts. 
She gets her Baytril on her mealworms now, not up her nose  :D

How many of yours are affected, Alan?

nzdunn

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 10:56 »
I hope they can pull through for you alan, doesnt help that there is a bit of an outbreak, do you reckon the weather and all the damp/wet weather we are having might play a part, im up in lisburn and we have had nothing but rain for absotuely ages, i have two girls that have runny noses, breeders coming out today to sort them out for me as in medication, saying that though today they do look alot better.   Fingers crossed for your birds alan          nickxy

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 14:57 »
I'm also in the same boat, my lovely Light Brahma is chesty again and also 2 Sablepoots, who haven't really been right since i had them despite all the meds i've given them. It is last chance saloon for mine now, i started with Tylan today, so they get 5 days :( I cant see the Sablepoots recovering fully, or if they do it will come back. It isn't fair on them to not be on top form all the time and the risk to my others isn't fair.
      We are moving soon, and i've had to downsize a bit, i rehomed my mad Brahma and 2 sussex girls a couple of weeks ago, they were fine and still are, settled in brilliantly but i could have given away carriers for all i know as this was before this illness. I've taken my birds to the vets but she doesn't give me any diagnosis-probably never dealt with it before because most people dont bother to treat.
      I hope everyone else's are doing ok and sorry for being so miserable, these things are treatable, i've been very unlucky with birds i've bought.
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

drumcrow

• ALAN
    • doyle jewellery design
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 10:49 »
I have up to about six chucks ill at the moment iam not really seeing any changes. well some seem brighter than others. yesterday i cleared out the hen house and sprayed the hole thing down with jayes fliud its ment to kill bird flu and put in a lovely big bag of wood shavings.
I can here one of the cockerels crowing out there i dont know which one it is i hope its one of the sick but i wrecken its one of the white silikes i hand reared that are coming to that age. the silkies are sneezing so far no change yet in them hopfuly.
NZDUNN iam not sure if the weather has something to do with all this because it has been raining for a while now and it is getting wet and soggy down in the pen but they still have some where to go thats warm and dry. i wouldnt rule out the weather facter out yet.

Page created in 0.442 seconds with 37 queries.