oh no !!!!!

• 28 Replies

lisa80

oh no !!!!!
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:03 »
well is day 21 and nothing happening with my eggs in incy, im not sure what we have done wrong as temp and humidity have been good and eggs were fertile when we candeled them .How long should we give them???? is there any hope ???? am sooo dissapointed :( :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: oh no !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:09 »
Never having had little ones in an incy I can't help on that front but have had eggs under a broody and they can be anything up to day 23. Did you candle them during the 21 days?
Staffies are softer than you think.

lisa80

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13 »
yes candeled them twice and second time could definatly see veins etc they looked full of something. :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:25 »
maybe it's just a case of waiting then. Hopefully somebody who incubates will be able to help and advise  :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34 »
Hi! I cant remember but were your temperatures a little low at the beginning as you have a still air incy??? if so this can slow the development so as its day 21 make sure your humidity is now up to 60% + and keep watch over the next couple of days. dont give up hope yet, i have had chicks still hatching on day 23.

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poppies

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36 »
Hi dont worry yet,  as joyfull said they can take longer or sometimes hatch early, I find older eggs seem to take longer -  ie ebay dont know why, main thing is dont keep opening the incubator as it lowers  the humidy  and takes a while to get back up again,

lisa80

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55 »
humidity is up to 60 % and has been since sunday thanks for all your advice dont feel so bad now .How long should i give them before giving in do you think???(we have had humidity at around 35 to 40 up untill day 18 and temp has been constant at 38 according to advice we were given :) :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00 »
Give them another day or 2 then you can candle them just in case!

Debbie

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 13:13 »
a few of my RIR eggs pipped end of last week, but they weren't doing anything else.  I got so worried 2 days later, that I helped the pipped ones break the shells and the shells and the membranes were very tough.  With the last 2 eggs, there were no pips at all, so I gently cracked each one.  One was dead in the shell, but I could hear the other one cheeping, so I helped it out, and it was fine, but I think it was too weak and it died over night. But with some yoghurt mixed in with soggy crumb, it ate well yesterday and was running around with the other 5! Found it this morning.   awwww

snowflake

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 14:12 »
older eggs can take up to 4 days past day 21, did you count the first day as the day you set the eggs?
I dont know about humidity I do dry till day 18 then put a egg cup of water in works for me. I know too much humitity can cause chicks to drown when they break through the air sac ( dont want to frighten any )one but its happened to me.
It is a waiting game nerve wrecking but worth it in the end. have a strong drink :D

lisa80

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 16:03 »
thanks will do ! could swear i just saw 2 of the eggs rocking slightly or maybe my mind is playing tricks :unsure:

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 16:12 »
I have had quails hatch on day 21 and they are 18 day eggs :)  So dont give up hope :)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

lisa80

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 07:29 »
we definatly have movement and a hole in the shell of one !!!!! yay will keep u all posted :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 08:47 »
Yay! see! patience is a vertue  :lol: from the time they make the little hole it can take up to 24 hrs for them to break out, so dont panic and keep the humidity well up now

Cant wait to see piccies

Debbie

lisa80

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 12:54 »
will do!!! is only one out of the 9 so far but some of the others are wobbling so fingers crossed :) :)

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 37 queries.