Hows your early spuds

• 36 Replies

ruffmesiter_69

Hows your early spuds
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:13 »
Hi there just noticed that our first early spuds have decided to show their greenery this week so signs are good, how are yours? are they further ahead? behind? let me know whats your are up?

agapanthus

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:38 »
My first ealrlies have been up for about 3 weeks now...Arran Pilot, my absolute favourite :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:40 »
My swift are now earthed up for the final time and just breaking the surface, Rocket is flying and is nearly at the same stage even tho it was planted nearly 3 weeks later, pentland javlin are about to be put in, this bit of rain has made a massive difference for us here.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 14:11 »
they are coming on a treat.rockets  :)

wellingtons

Mine ...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 14:15 »
... are up, on their second and final earthing up and pushing through again.  I've planted rocket for the second year, lovely smooth small round spuds, clean and disease free!

Dorset Boy

• http://braa.freehosting.net/
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 15:12 »
Earthed up my Swift, Rocket & Aaron Pilot's on Sunday and they when I checked on them last night, thay had all grown through again and are about three inches higher than my earth mounds. Cannot believe the growth ! Chances are we have had the last of the frosts here in Bournemouth, so will just let them do their stuff now !   :)
Richard
Plant Sprouts in January and you'll never have to eat Sprouts !
(Increasingly Organic)

crowndale

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 15:39 »
My rockets went in a bit late but are just poking their noses out this last week, nearly ready to earth up for the first time.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

buckie

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 16:46 »
Hi Fellow growers,  Although we have had three weeks of very hot weather until last weekend since when we have had a lot of very welcome rain.  Looking at your reports, we still seem to be a bit later than you all.  I have planted all of my potatoes in exhibitors bags this year and am also trying one of the "potato barrels" in the greenhouse.  I planted 5x international Kidney in the barrel on 2/4 and they are now almost at the top so hope they flower soon so as to try them.  My earlies are Epicure planted 11/4 and appeared through yesterday,  the rest are Rocket 11/4, Orla 11/4 Lady Christi, Int. Kidney 12/4, these are followd by Kestral 14/4, and like another of the forum I am trying the "free" Bonnie, 12/4 Srpo Mira 14/4 and lastly Golden Wonder 14/4.  You will see that the only one really showing is my early Epicures.  Out of interest they were all set for chitting on 2/2.  I am using the mixture reccomeneded by Medwyn Williams for his exhibition potatoes.  Will keep you posted with results.

WG.

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 16:57 »
Blimey buckie, you don't half sound organised ...

ruffmesiter_69

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 18:51 »
wow from the sounds of things people are going to be harvesting their spuds soon  :lol: nice one growers

skywalker

• Experienced Member
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 20:24 »
Rocket are up and Pentland Javelin planted at same time just pushing through. Will be earthing up for 1st time this weekend. Sounds like I'm a bit behind some of you, but I am up North so a couple of weeks behind probably. Didn't put them in until end March.
The force is strong in this one!
(As Organic as possible)

Axe Victim

• Experienced Member
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 21:34 »
Firsts, second and thirds are all showing. I tried a little experiment and started the thirds in an earthed bed whilst earthing the others as they emerged...all three are neck and neck at the moment. :shock:  :lol:
If life gives you lemons...wrap a dog turd in newspaper and set fire to it on Life's doorstep.

leeky

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 22:55 »
earlies. swift are popping right up. dug away some earth today to check on their progress. they are about 1 inch across and white  :shock:  :lol:

ruffmesiter_69

Hows your early spuds
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 11:44 »
wow, sounds like most of you are ahead a little, ours will catch up hopefully.  :lol:

slow_worm

• Experienced Member
Hows your early spuds
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 15:48 »
Quote from: "agapanthus"
My first ealrlies have been up for about 3 weeks now...Arran Pilot, my absolute favourite :)

Same here - perhaps 4 weeks as mine went in in Feb!
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature? the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. -   Rachel Carson

xx
2nd Early Spuds

Started by Bluebell007 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 25, 2010, 16:57
by Bluebell007
xx
Early spuds

Started by engineer on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 04, 2012, 21:18
by engineer
xx
early spuds?

Started by jimmytheshed on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 17:09
by Iain@JBA
xx
early spuds

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 12, 2006, 22:52
by John

Page created in 0.532 seconds with 36 queries.