Anyone heard of Kings Seeds?

• 25 Replies

hightide

• Experienced Member
Re: Anyone heard of Kings Seeds?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 22:28 »
Ovp Hi,

When I first started an allotment I used to turn up my nose at the rather plain offerings in our allotment shop, preferring the more flashier and trendier packagings from the likes of Suttons and Mr Fothergills. I soon learned that although Kings do not have a huge variety, their rather plainly packaged seeds are honest and reliable. Kings are quality! unlike some and as for that TV tart Tichmarsh! the only thing of his I was pleased with was Rocket leaves or was it dandelions?  
A weed is a plant that's in the wrong place and intends to stay

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 23:01 »
Kings Seeds? - I rarely use anything else but buy my King Seeds dscounted via a small seed supplier....so price I pay is often little more than 60p a packet.

Kings Seeds are excellent and their range is pretty extensive.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

gawk

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 23:18 »
We buy from Kings and they are really very good, we have had excellent germination and good crops.
It's all too much!

madcat

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 08:07 »
I have used them for the last couple of years - but not for seed pots this year.  About 10% went mouldy during chitting in the first year, so I went for a local supplier this year.  I wondered if the posting process had been the problem. 

(I also had problems with the parsnips - but now know thats parsnips and me, not the seed supplier! :(  Only myself to blame there.)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

corndolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 08:19 »
We have used Kings Seeds for several years and have found them to be reliable and always very helpful over the phone ,offering alternatives if they have run out of stock .Germination rate is very good .
Growing organic fruit and vegetables

amc

• Experienced Member
    • Willow & Slate
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 08:51 »
Kings for me too. V helpful on the phone, good website and a nice printed catalogue. Seeds good quality too.

missycat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 12:47 »
Not veg I know but Kings are particularly well known for their huge range of sweet pea seed over 150 different colours!!

Roll Roll

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 13:25 »
All of this years seeds were kings.
  At those prices it was worth giving it a go and every pack was a winner.  ;)
I may take my time.....but i'll get there in the end.

STEVE

Ourveggiepatch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 13:12 »
Thank you all,

This is all really useful feedback, I feel a bit happier now about using what for me is an unknown make.

I wasn't worried about the lack of fancy packaging - wouldnt really care if they were sold in small brown paper envelpes.

I was more concerned if they are GM seeds or trial seeds as I don't want to introduce bad viruses or foriegn diseases in my plot as  my plot had never been used as an allotment before so never had any chemicals on it.

I shall reconsider my opinion and have a go next year - thank you.

OVP

Paul Plots

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 13:02 »
Thank you all,

This is all really useful feedback, I feel a bit happier now about using what for me is an unknown make.

I wasn't worried about the lack of fancy packaging - wouldnt really care if they were sold in small brown paper envelpes.

I was more concerned if they are GM seeds or trial seeds as I don't want to introduce bad viruses or foriegn diseases in my plot as  my plot had never been used as an allotment before so never had any chemicals on it.

I shall reconsider my opinion and have a go next year - thank you.

OVP

Let me know (via PM) if you are interested in Kings Seeds at even lower prices as I get mine from a small seed company who buy in bulk and sell on - only draw back is that it's through the post only - but definitely even better value.  ;)

Ourveggiepatch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 20:46 »
Hi Learner

Thank you for your kind offer, I wont be purchasing seeds this year just yet only last thing I need to buy is my onion sets as I want to get then in early during Sept/Oct.  The rest such as Spring Cabbage etc... I already have the seeds for.

I will get back to you once I see the catalogue, the chairman of our allotments has ordered me a catalogue which will arrive in the next few weeks I will have a look at the prices.

Thank you

Kind regards

OVP

xx
Kings

Started by kingdhesiii on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 21:48
by peanut
xx
Cabbages and Kings...

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 11:25
by peterjf
xx
mold on cabbages (january kings)

Started by pran vallaba on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post December 01, 2008, 10:12
by penance
xx
Kings Heath Park Garden Show

Started by bazial on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2010, 18:36
by bazial

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 36 queries.