moulting? & worming?

• 2 Replies

lucylou

• Experienced Member
moulting? & worming?
« on: August 06, 2009, 20:33 »
hi!
i am 3 days into worming my 4 banties.  After remarking how neat & perfect Tracey was, she nows looks like she has been through a hedge backwards! feathers are coming out & i assume that she is moulting.  But i am worried that this has been brought about by being wormed? she was broody a little while back but came out of that within a week and seemed to be looking in good shape.  Should i be worried? also worming using the flubenvet is such a pallava when ive only got 4 banties to do, does anyone know hoew to give an indiviudual dose to each hen on a daily basis rather than mixing it up with their feed and not allowing them any other food? i look forward to hearing from you!
many thanks,lucylou

grumpydad

Re: moulting? & worming?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 21:10 »
there is a sticky on using flubenvet, i think it says use a small pinch on a grape and feed individually for 7 days

martyn

Callie

Re: moulting? & worming?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 00:29 »
we used flubenvet and had read about the grapes.. but the first time we did it Snowflake dashed in and stole Wendy's as she is suspicious and inspects everything we offer her and has to break everything up before eating....Snowflake swallows grapes whole so got a double dose :)

the next day we used baked beans, dipping 6 in the powder and then hubby lifted one at a time out of the run while I was in charge of holding the beans .... it worked with tinned corn too and was less messy than the beans :)

xx
Moulting

Started by viettaclark on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 10:27
by Sassy
xx
moulting

Started by Jo-n-Neil on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 12, 2008, 17:46
by compostqueen
question
moulting

Started by peter o on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 02, 2009, 22:04
by Foxy
xx
Moulting or something else?

Started by heifer on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2007, 23:03
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 36 queries.