Daily Harvest Post

• 353 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Daily Harvest Post
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2010, 10:33 »
A handful of peas, a panful of french beans 2 more courgettes ::) 2 more ripe tomatoes and a ridge cucumber :)

roughly the same today, but a lot more peas  :)  :)...............I keep checking the corn as the silks are brown, but they are not quite ready yet...soon though  ;)

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2010, 18:29 »
Pick a greyhound cabbage , broccoli , loads of peas , cauli , green beans , some spuds .... through them in the steamer and cooked a lovely big juicy steak , that was tonights tea  :)

rozalia

« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2010, 21:15 »
My first daily harvest report: courgettes, runner beans, red duke of y potatoes, red onions and shallots, peas and a few broad beans + 6 different sorts of lettuce leaves - used with roast chicken for the 3 of us yesterday and fried up as a fritata to go with local sausages today + a bag of the same veg given to a single friend in the amounts she could use for one meal. Strawberries, as well, mashed with some sugar and used to top cheescake.  Feeling very proud of myself when I carry the produce into the kitchen knowing it was grown organically and picked the previous hour.  No air miles with our food at the moment!!

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34 »
My first daily harvest report: courgettes, runner beans, red duke of y potatoes, red onions and shallots, peas and a few broad beans + 6 different sorts of lettuce leaves - used with roast chicken for the 3 of us yesterday and fried up as a fritata to go with local sausages today + a bag of the same veg given to a single friend in the amounts she could use for one meal. Strawberries, as well, mashed with some sugar and used to top cheescake.  Feeling very proud of myself when I carry the produce into the kitchen knowing it was grown organically and picked the previous hour.  No air miles with our food at the moment!!

This sounds so perfect! Somthing I can only dream of at the moment, wish I could get my hands on an allotment!

I picked a single courgette from the garden today :tongue2:

Starling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2010, 15:28 »
A little gem lettuce, an onion, clove of garlic, a few shallots, a few cherry toms, and two 9"  cucumbers :D :D :D
Again the blueberries and raspberries didn't make it back :nowink:

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2010, 21:02 »
A courgette, a cucumber and a handful of green beans. shame it's all green.. but as we've only had our allotment for 10 weeks i really can't complain  :)
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Totty

« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2010, 16:13 »
6 eight ball courgettes, three big handfulls of runners, two big mouthfuls of raspberries! :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2010, 11:53 »
I love this time of year :)

The first sweetcorn, YAY some marmande toms, the last of the peas, some beans, a golden nugget squash a Uchiki kuri squash, a courgette and a small aubergine, 3 ridge cues and 5 of what should be gherkins for pickling  :lol:

PS please ignore camera date......one day I will try to understand the instructions and set the correct one ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 15:09 by mumofstig »

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2010, 12:47 »
I harvested a load of tomatoes today.

When I say "harvested" I use the term loosely, as I picked them up off the greenhouse floor as the weight had broken the truss off.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Starling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2010, 13:40 »
Two handfuls of french beans! first ones ever, little gem lettuce, lollo rosso, few sping onions, cucumber and a few more toms, and more courgette

r2d2

« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2010, 17:20 »
loads more french beans, the last of my beetroot, a handful of toms, a couple of green peppers, some chillis and some basil for a tomato sauce, really pleased with todays harvest

andy135

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2010, 19:46 »
One courgette and 9lbs Lady Chrystl 1st earlies.

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2010, 22:52 »
turnips,beans,potatoes,peas,cabbage and a few small carrots mmmm making soup tomorrow me thinks  :)
I came I saw I grew my own veg

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2010, 14:01 »
3 good sized turnip
a good couple of handfulls of peas
1 corgete the size of a small marrow and 4 beetroot
Thought id have some tomatoes by now but they just havent been ripining  :(

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2010, 19:41 »
i picked 2 courgettes, and a few beans

xx
Todays Harvest - my first harvest post

Started by Rowan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 20:34
by crowndale
xx
Post harvest.

Started by maddave on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 30, 2014, 20:05
by maddave
xx
Daily Harvest

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

243 Replies
Last post December 29, 2021, 21:59
by comfreykid
xx
Daily Harvest - 2015

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

299 Replies
Last post December 07, 2015, 07:16
by lettice

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 38 queries.