Ukadex / Gentium Violet - dosage question ?

• 1 Replies

coxyMFC

Ukadex / Gentium Violet - dosage question ?
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:24 »
hello all.

at the moment we have so many "hybrid-esque" chickens who get along fine, seperated in one side of the pen, and in the other side we have our new ex batts. the "posh" side get on fine with one another, they have been living together for 3 months now. the "scratters" have been together for a fortnight. the 2 sides of the pen are seperated with chicken wire and i am trying to get them to recognise and live alongside each other before removing the fence. The trouble is my ex batts are really looking scratty. they have lost a lot of feathers at the farm before they came to me, and although there is a few feathers coming through, i can still visably see them pecking at each other and deliberately feather pulling.

after some reading up on the internet i decided to buy some Gentium Violet and some Ukadex spray to try and "repair" their sore spots and deter the other chickens from pecking at them when i release them all to live together - however there is no dosage instructions for either product.

does anyone have any experience or advice with either product and what dosage should i administer to each bird ?

thank yooooo in advance.

Roughlee Handled

Re: Ukadex / Gentium Violet - dosage question ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:44 »
Gentium Violet is more commonly known as Purple Spray because it is purple. It is used to mask the blood(red) colour and it has antiseptic properties so just use it on the areas that have drawn blood.  There are no dosage instructions just use it to mask the colour

As with Ukadex  I have no experience but I would suggest you just spray as you would deodorant.  (Always read the label). Here is post off of another website that you may wish to read.  http://stonehead.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/if-this-doesnt-work/

Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

xx
Sorry - Another Question - Measuring Baytril Dosage

Started by Foghorn-Leghorn on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 08:49
by Ruby Red
xx
Ukadex

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 00:47
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Ukadex anti-peck spray - has anybody tried it.

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2009, 11:33
by poppies
xx
Dosage?

Started by Nickchick on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 15:10
by joyfull

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 28 queries.