help needed please

• 61 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: help needed please
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 17:27 »
Are you sure Andy just went out for a cage - how long does it take to get to Darlaston  :lol: :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

dizzylizzie

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 17:39 »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dizzylizzie

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 19:06 »
think my girlie is feeling better, she has drunk out of an egg cup (sarahs idea) and she has had a small amount of strawberry and dandelion leaf...she is so brave :D

karlooben

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 20:45 »
am glad shes looking up hun  :D :D i have everything crossed for her full recovery  :tongue2:
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 21:03 »
Just wanted to add my well wishes too and really hope things turn out well for her and you. You're a star!!!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

karlooben

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 21:17 »
well i bet you that right now  lizzie has her wrapped and snuggled on her lap in a lovely fleece duvet  and shes reading her a bed time story  :lol: :lol: :lol: hun i can just picture you doing that  :D :D . so far you have had a tough time in your very short time as being a new chicken keeper but it shows your tough an if u can survive this then u will survive anything ,  :wub: why do i get a feeling your going to be a chicken keeper for many many years to come  :D :D well done to you

dizzylizzie

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 08:08 »
thanks for your messages everyone. Willow is very bright this morning. She has taken water and eaten from a cup. she was making a LOT of noise when the others went outside. we have taken the top of the cat basket, and sat her (in the basket ) under her fav branch in the run with the other girls. She is happy as larry with all her flock around her. we have stayed in the run this morning with her, just to make sure the other girls dont pick on her or pull her splint....or even pile on top of her like they do in the nest boxes :D. everything is very calm in there tho, we were worried as its a new flock and she had been missing for several hours, and then came back smelling different with something exciting on her wing that there might be a bit of trouble.she is off to the vets for 8.50 so im gonna go and get sorted. take care, lizzie x

joyfull

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13 »
good luck at the vets Willow  :D xx

Flowerpower136

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 08:17 »
Great news Lizzie.
Willow is so lucky that she belongs to you I think.  

Found Paxo and Wilma doing a trapeze act along the top of the compost bays yesterday, and nearly had a fit, cos I'm not sure their legs are up to that sort of capper just yet........But, got to let them be chickens.  

5 days as a chicken owner, what a roller coaster, you must be shattered.  Take care of yourself as well as Willow.

Hugs and mealworms to both of you.
xx

dizzylizzie

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 08:30 »
thanks hunny :D. i agree we have to let them be chickens.... i sat in the run last night and saw all kinds of accidents about to happen. i just have to get my head around that it was an accident, chickens will be chickens (thankfully) and there was no point getting them out the cages if we are going to put them in bubble wrap! i keep telling Sarah she's gonna get a phonecall saying there is a chicken in bubblewrap at the station to pick up :D seriously tho, i did break my heart when she hurt herself. i had left the other door to the coop open , so i thought it was my fault. but as long as she gets well thats all i care about. right, off to the vets x

Foxy

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 08:33 »
god luck at the vets, sounds like sheis well on the way to recovery! :D

dizzylizzie

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 11:29 »
well we have just got back from the vet and they have given us metacam for willow, but the vet is really pleased with her...going back in a few days to remove her splint...think she,s gonna be fine :D :D phew

joyfull

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 11:39 »
so pleased for you and willow  :D

dizzylizzie

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 11:47 »
 :D

oddpaws

• Experienced Member
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 12:33 »
Well done you, really feel for these ex bat hens, Glad some of them have got you too look after them :D. Go have a good old cuppa now
a mum is for life..not just for cleaning! ;@)

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Help needed

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 14, 2011, 19:55
by animal mad
xx
What is needed ?

Started by Mega on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 04, 2010, 20:38
by Mega
xx
Help needed

Started by bally on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 03, 2008, 18:13
by Viv

Page created in 0.566 seconds with 37 queries.