help needed please

• 61 Replies

kitkat

• Experienced Member
Re: help needed please
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 09:41 »
Gosh, give the vet a chance, the birds isn't eating because she's in pain, but if the vet can sort it all well and good, hope it goes well Lizzie.
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

dizzylizzie

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 14:06 »
ok...the vet has just phoned. They anaesthetised her to x-ray the leg as the vet was sure it was broken....it wasnt, but had popped out of place the vet said??? didnt know they could 'pop out of place'.....this morning she kept dropping her wing, i asked the vet about it and she kept saying she was using it to counter balance....turns out her wing is broken!!!! the vet said she was still under  and if i wanted to they could just let her go!!! yea like thats gonna happen. i said she's a chicken, she dosent need to fly, strap her wing up while she's asleep and i'll pick her up at 3pm. obviously i'd rather she hadnt done any damage, but i'd rather her wing than her leg. i can feel lots of lovin and TLC comeing her way . Thanks for everyones support and advice xxxx

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 14:09 »
Awww! give her a big hug from me!  :D not too tight though  ???:lol:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 14:24 »
oh thats good news, sort of  :D, she must have just dislocated her leg. Her wing should heal ok. Give her some meal worms from me and a very very gentle hug  :D, joyfullxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 14:25 »
Thats a releif for you, i bet. She'll be back eating you out of house and home soon, if you can afford it after the vet bill :ohmy: :D

Elcie

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 14:25 »
Oh bless her.  And you.  Let us know how she is when she comes home.  lots of love to you both from us here x

dizzylizzie

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 14:36 »
Right, ive got the carrier with loads of straw...and my credit card :blink:....going to get my girlie :D..thanks everyone xx

Flowerpower136

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 14:41 »
Blimey Lizzie :ohmy:
Thought of you first thing when I woke up, and was dreading logging on.

Thank goodness it's not worse news. 

Lots of dashing round going on in our run, pecking order being established, and not all down to Tilly the Hun.  So, I've taken out or moved obstacles.  It's like Wacky Races going in there.

TLC to Willow, and hugs to you, you brave girl!

dizzylizzie

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 16:03 »
ok we are back from the vets. willow is very quiet...well i think she's a bit erm stoned :D. the vet said she has had lots of pain relief and anti inflamatory(sp)

as you can see her wing has been strapped up and her knee has because they said it will be 'fragile' while it heals.so for now, we keep her quiet, try not to handle her, and take her back at 8.50 in the morning. Any advice on how to best nurse her would be most welcome :D we are all really glad she's back where she belongs

Vember

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 16:06 »
She looks lovely and snug Lizzie :)

I'd leave her be as she is in the pic, try an egg cup of water to her beak every so often to see if she wants fluid :)

Sarah x

flangey

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 16:46 »
Hi Lizzie, just come on and reading all, good for you for persevering with her, love her, I'm sure she'll be fine.  sending you and her lots of hugs, keep us all posted with her progress  :happy:

dizzylizzie

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 16:55 »
andy has just gone to *a well known pet store* to buy a large cat basket. we were going to fit mesh over her box, to stop the others being mean to her as she will smell different and she has an interesting thing on her wing :blink:i know its important to keep her with the rest of the flock, but i want her to be safe also. she didnt like us messing with the box, so andy has gone to buy a mesh cage that will be big enough to lift the box in so we dont disturb her , but she is safe. i can then just lift the box and not have to man-handle her and risk dislodging her wing....bet that will cause some excitment tonight! :D :D

too many girls

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 17:06 »
good on you for giving her a chance, this means you will be getting all your probs out of the way in the first week leaving the next few years trouble free :D when Andy gets back can you send him up here please?

dizzylizzie

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 17:09 »
sorry hunny , he's all mine :D :D :D x

too many girls

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 17:25 »
sorry hunny , he's all mine :D :D :D x

we'll see about that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Help given and help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by nippynoodles1985 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 01, 2011, 03:55
by nippynoodles1985
xx
Help needed

Started by bally on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 03, 2008, 18:13
by Viv
xx
Name Needed

Started by SnooziSuzi on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post July 25, 2008, 18:45
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.607 seconds with 37 queries.