HELP I AM BEING OVERRUN BY SNAILS!!!!!!!!

• 30 Replies

Flying Cyril

Snails and slugs are no problem
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 21:39 »
Snails and slugs are not a problem for me. A few plotholders have ponds on their plots, I'm intending to have one on mine soon. Loads of frogs, toads and slow worms. Now then' I've got slow worms breeding in me compost heap, every size from a couple of inches up to 18 inches, do I evict them so I can use me compost or what ?? They are protected so I'm definately not putting slug pellets down, I'd rather give me crops to the slugs. But they do help to keep the slug population down, and although I do get some slug damage it's not a lot. I've also got those orangey centipedes in the soil, according to me insect book they eat subterranean slugs, them what eat your spuds. And sometimes I practice what my pa-in-law taught me years ago, pick a slug up between your thumb and forefinger and then squash the little critter. You have to wipe your finger and thumb each time though. And then there's the blackbird nest just behing the shed next to my plot. She's a regular visitor, eating as many slugs and snails as I can find. She's probably bringing up next years slug control team. Never seen him though, p'raps she's kicked him out.
"Flying" Cyril.
The hurrier I go the behinder I get

xx
Small snails eating my Swede leaves, how do you stop snails ?

Started by NASH on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2011, 13:10
by JohnB47
xx
Are crushed snails a deterrent for other snails?

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 15, 2014, 22:26
by easyonthebrain
xx
Bl***y snails

Started by Debbie D on Grow Your Own

52 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 09:28
by strangerachael
xx
35 dead snails!!! Yay!

Started by 666 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 21:18
by 666

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 36 queries.