Here we go again.

• 18 Replies

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
Re: Here we go again.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 21:25 »
my toms are still mostly flowers!  .

Yep mine too! And still not very many of them either - still a handful of toms would still be welcome :)

Christine

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 07:42 »
I do agree that it seems as if the stop button has been pressed and there is a hiatus. Only thing that is thriving is the wretched privet hedges round allotment that I must go and clip later today. (Ironing first).

realfood

• Experienced Member
    • Grow Your Own Info
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 19:31 »
I am in Glasgow, often cool and wet, but I have to say that so much food is being produced, I am giving away carrier bags of food every day. All the soft fruit has been two weeks early this year.
Because it is usually more difficult to grow stuff this far North, I specialize in growing varieties that do better in cool, damp conditions. For instance, Sungold tomato. I have been harvesting sungold since early July.

hubballi

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 07:30 »
I planted all my cauliflower out. If it's not the white butterfly it's the slugs. They are in a raised bed, covered at night by plastic bottles, eggshels around the bottles and pellets in and around the bottles. Gues what.....giant slug inside bottle demolished most of plant.

I really feel dejected as I do everything to protect them but every year they get the better of the garden. The Kale also gets hammered by them and all the books say it's easy to grow because nothing bothers with it. What  rubbish !!!

The only other option is to put something around the top of the wooden edging of the raised bed like salt.

Page created in 0.544 seconds with 36 queries.