grasshopper!!! can he eat them?

• 2 Replies

Mrs Taylor

grasshopper!!! can he eat them?
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:07 »
silly question really, but we have a week old duckling we have hand reared so for, poor liitle chap...but my son found some grass hoppers for him and he goes made for them...should I limit him to a few a day?

Vember

Re: grasshopper!!! can he eat them?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:15 »
He really needs to be on non medicated chick crumbs at a week old, birds that are grass reared / free ranged at that age will take alot longer to feather up and grow :)

As for how many grasshoppers then yes I would be inclined to limit them :D

Is there any chance you could find him a friend? Ducks are very sociable creatures and they really need some of their own sort to play and grow up with :)
Where abouts in the world are you Mrs T? I have some week olds at the moment, if you were near I could let you have one for company or you could fetch him here :)

Sarah :)

Mrs Taylor

Re: grasshopper!!! can he eat them?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30 »
Thanks...I have him/her on the non-medcated chick crumb...scats... and I live in Hampshire, so a far bit away from you...we have tried to find him  friend but no luck yet, so if anyone out there has a little friend for him, could you let me know... so the grasshoppers...a limit of 5-6 a day, can he have any other live food? he has some chopped dandylion leaves with his morning swim, supervised of course

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 36 queries.