chick falling over

• 3 Replies

caerkev

chick falling over
« on: July 28, 2009, 18:34 »
when i let my girls out 2 mornings ago i noticed the one seemed to be stumbling onto her bum and side a little, i put this down to she had not woke up fully because i'm a bit like that at 6.30 am.
when i came home in the afternoon she seemed fine and was feeding as normal and enjoyed her evening picking insects around the garden, as we let them out of there run when we get home, she returned to her bed about half an hour before the other girls which i found strange, as they normaly go to bed together.
no problems this morning all got up and started to eat as normal, but just noticed the same girl stumble 3 or 4 times, after opening the gate from there pen all the girls have come out as normal, just woried about the 1 stumbling over like this

agapanthus

Re: chick falling over
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 19:20 »
How old are they kev? Who else is sharing to henhouse?

caerkev

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 22:45 »
not sure of age, but they are young birds, got 4 in total first bird has just started laying. the one that is stumbling has not yet grown her coombe, 2 hybred(1 laying) 1 leg horn(full red coombe but not laying) 1 black rock (the one who stumbles).. all kept overnight in a good size coop then allowed out into a 12ft x 10ft run from morning till late afternoon, about 5/6pm allowed to free range around garden until they decide to go to bed, we do have a rabbit which is free running in the garden but they don't bother with him and he ignores them.

agapanthus

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 00:33 »
Check out her joints Kev and see if there is any swelling....in fact check her out all over. If you don't know what to look for check one of the other birds first and then check the poorly one out. If her stumbling is getting worse I suggest you 'hospitalise' her for a while, somewhere she can rest for a few days.

xx
chick waddling and falling over

Started by maggiem on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 19:47
by maggiem
xx
guess what breed this chick is - MY WHITE PEACOCK CHICK

Started by CMFAM on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 11:16
by CMFAM
xx
Normal chick behaviour after their sister chick dies?

Started by Katrishwa on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 22:11
by Katrishwa
xx
Hen Falling over

Started by Mad Max on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 08:06
by Mad Max

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 36 queries.