silver laced wyondotte bantams

• 5 Replies

fatwills

silver laced wyondotte bantams
« on: July 27, 2009, 22:03 »
hiya all my first time here ,
i have recently had fox trouble not amusing , i bought a trio of SLW bantams from chelford market and lost them all at the weekend to foxes , i have now secured the coup even more , does anyone know where i can get some more in the north west area ? my daughter is choked as she lets them out and feeds them in the mornings , or if not i am prepared to get 4 rescue birds from a battery farm in the local area thanks 

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: silver laced wyondotte bantams
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 22:16 »
Hi fatwills, welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post is such a sad one  :(. If you go to the top of this page to the poultry pages you will find a list of suppliers. These are organised in areas so you may find one close to you. Joyfullxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

fatwills

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 22:26 »
many thanks for your speedy response , i will look now and hope that we will find something soon as the garden is awfully quiet right now  :(

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 22:30 »
whatever you do please don't underestimate the fox as they will be back. make sure your run has strong weldmesh that is sunk into the ground by about a foot and that it is also covered as foxes can climb. If your hens free range then look into either electric fencing or a foxwatch  :)

fatwills

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 22:57 »
working cocker spaniels , and 2 working black labs wont go  down well with the fence but i hear you loud and clear , i suppose complancy on my behalf was half the problem as when i took the dogs out late at night after a family bbq i locked the gates but never really locked tight the doors to the ark , a very severe lesson learned i have sunk some mesh deep and hightened the run , but after havin them so long you think all will be ok , any other posters learned their lesson though utter stupidity and complency , if only !!!!!

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 23:06 »
lots of people have unfortunatly. So far in 10 years of living where I do The closest I have seen a fox is about 4 miles down the road. 1 of my old dogs used to roll in fox poo but after moving here she never found any (thank heavens as she used to stink afterwards!!)Fox hunting still takes place about 10 miles from me so if there are any around they may be helping control them. Fox watch won't work for me as mine free range over a greater area than what they cover, My 2 dogs also share the garden and fields so an electric fence is out for me unless I cut down my girls area that they can roam. So I just do what I can (male wee around the boundry etc) and so far so good.

xx
has anyone any knowledge of silver laced penciled wyandotte bantams

Started by traacyken on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post March 25, 2014, 11:11
by traacyken
xx
Silver Laced Orp LF chicks

Started by nic_28 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 21:16
by grinling
xx
Please help sex my silver laced wyandotte bantam

Started by Brood of Bournemouth on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 24, 2012, 04:59
by joyfull
xx
Bantam Silver Laced Wyandotte not laying (22 wks old)

Started by EddTheDuck on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 16, 2011, 15:54
by EddTheDuck

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 37 queries.