poultry farm

• 24 Replies

animal mad

• Experienced Member
Re: poultry farm
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:43 »
sorry grannie annie, i have a 6 year old sonand animals to look after.
foxy maybe we could meet up over the holidays with view to me starting some days in september when my son goes back to school.

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 09:56 »
foxy, is that a maine coon cat on your website, i just ask as i have two and your picture looks like one.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11 »
foxy that would be brilliant , bristol is only an hour away from me. i will send you a message with my details, i wouldnt mind doing a days voluntary work once a month to gain some experience when my sons at school if you are interested.

i thought you was joking :D get yourself up here for 6 am and...................milk the goat, catch the sheep :wub: and shear them (i haven't improved much with practice and the sheep still look like badly clipped poodles) clean out and power wash the 6 hen houses (whilst your doing that you can ask all the chickens why we didn't get one single egg today :mad:) scrub out the broody box and chick pens, clean out the ducks, school the horses (they're getting fat and lazy) trim the goats and the ponies feet ( Gemma's feet are working overtime and the blacksmith would have to move in to keep up with her) actually does anyone know why her feet grow about 6 times faster than anyone elses? oh and there's the fencing to do (post and rails and electric) fields of weeds to cut (you can drive a tractor can't you? no matter, you'll learn) and whilst doing that you must wander around all day with a shot gun incase Mr Fox is about (you don't have to shoot him if you don't want to, just scare him off) and then if you have time there's the veggie patch, omg the veggie patch :lol:

seconds thoughts...you may have to come back to do the veggie patch, wouldn't want to tire you out on your first day :)
Wow TMG!, you should offer working holidays throughout the long school break, I'd sign up for it with my 2 very bored kids, (and still 6 wks+ to go), we'd think it was great and you'd get free labour!!! :D  In fact if there's anybody in N.Bucks area who wants a days work on a farm/ smallholding.......?

Foxy

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 10:18 »
foxy, is that a maine coon cat on your website, i just ask as i have two and your picture looks like one.

yes, thats Remy, a young main coon, I have always had maine coons as they are the best ratters! He also loves playing with the lambs next door too! That reminds me I must update my website...

gillie

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 10:31 »
"Gemma's feet are working overtime and the blacksmith would have to move in to keep up with her) actually does anyone know why her feet grow about 6 times faster than anyone elses?"

Off topic I am afraid, but is Gemma prone to laminitis? the farrier told me that fast growing feet and laminitis go together.

Gillie

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 10:47 »
Back to the OP:  did he show you the lice and mites in order to show you what to look out for and how to deal with them, or did he just not care?

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 13:07 »
i think he showed me the mites so i knew what to look out for, but when i said can youshow me how to put on the louse powder he said he wasnt going to as he could just pick them off.

foxy is your maine coon alright with all the livestock  ie chickens, we have two 9 months old and they are very interested at the moment, hopefully they will see them as friends maybe so we can free range them.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 13:29 »
Does he mean he picks the lice off?  boy, I wouldn't fancy trying to stand there picking up mites.  You'd get about 100 on a pin head!!!!   :D

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 14:23 »
he showed me a large group of lice eggs, looked like a small growth, i think that is what he picks off to keep it undercontrol?

too many girls

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 17:20 »
"Gemma's feet are working overtime and the blacksmith would have to move in to keep up with her) actually does anyone know why her feet grow about 6 times faster than anyone elses?"

Off topic I am afraid, but is Gemma prone to laminitis? the farrier told me that fast growing feet and laminitis go together.

Gillie

Gemma is as old as the hills and is prone to laminitis, she hasn't had it for years but that's only because we watch her like a hawk and don't let her pig out (she's also very greedy)that's probably it then, you learn something new every day :D

xx
Anyone know of a good Poultry Farm in Hertfordshire??

Started by chickenlicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2009, 09:00
by KelnCraig
xx
Poultry Spice, Poultry Zest, Garlic, Apple Vinegar, Verm-X, Liquid Tonic etcc

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:28
by Kenilworth
xx
Farm Duck.

Started by Snaphappii on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 21:29
by Snaphappii
xx
phillips farm

Started by cranky77 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 10, 2011, 21:09
by cranky77

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 36 queries.