weve noticed worms!

• 4 Replies

lucylou

• Experienced Member
weve noticed worms!
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:52 »
yuk!! we noticed a worm in one of the new banties poos this morning - i know you all swear by flubenvet - is this good(OR should i say bad for all worms?)
thanks lucylou

poultrygeist

Re: weve noticed worms!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:19 »
Hi lucylou.

Flubenvet is one that we generally recommend and most of us use it. It can be mixed with their food or given individually to each one in a grape or similar.

It's a 7 day course and treats for all types of worm.

ROb 8)

donnybrook

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 14:54 »
hi lucylou,

I have 18 ex batts from 2 rescues and have used ivermectin 0.8% for both worms and mites for the last year.  I recently lost a hen (Rene) with egg peritonitis and asked the vet what he thought of ivermectin.  He thought it was a great idea and uses it himself.  I use 6 drops between the shoulders of each hen and don't use the eggs for the next 14 days, although I have heard that you can use after 7. I use it 3 times a year and have never had a problem with any of the girls.  It treats all worms and mites and there is much discussion on the internet!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 15:50 »
The advantage with flubenvet is that it is licenced for poultry and has no egg withdrawal period.

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 17:52 »
hi lucylou,

I have 18 ex batts from 2 rescues and have used ivermectin 0.8% for both worms and mites for the last year.  I recently lost a hen (Rene) with egg peritonitis and asked the vet what he thought of ivermectin.  He thought it was a great idea and uses it himself.  I use 6 drops between the shoulders of each hen and don't use the eggs for the next 14 days, although I have heard that you can use after 7. I use it 3 times a year and have never had a problem with any of the girls.  It treats all worms and mites and there is much discussion on the internet!

wow! didn't realise vets can get worms too! :D :D

xx
after nearly 3yrs ive only just noticed something

Started by JACDORE on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post July 09, 2011, 23:11
by evie2
xx
Worms in heap -good , worms in hens - bad.

Started by 8doubles on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 30, 2009, 08:37
by ehs284
xx
Worms

Started by princesspoultry on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 01:21
by princesspoultry
xx
Worms!

Started by RigsVilleBird on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 10:15
by Prod

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 36 queries.