nobody wants my veg!

• 20 Replies

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
nobody wants my veg!
« on: July 21, 2009, 13:07 »
we were having a charity sale at work for the staff and we were asked to donate something for people to buy. so after dropping my son off at school yesterday (he doesn't break up til wednesday)  i filled a box with potates, beetroot, onion, garlic, courgettes, french beans, tomatoes, peppers and the best carrots i have ever grown, then got on the bus and took it in to work.

when i went back at 4 to start my shift it was still there so it came home again with me at 8pm as i couldn't bare to see it go to waste.  i know a lot of people dont share my passion for growing veg but we all have to eat dont we? what on earth is wrong woth people? i guess it just goes to show that people dont like to cook properly anymore.

sorry - rant over!!

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: nobody wants my veg!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 13:09 »
how disheartening  :(

I bet they'd be the first to want some too if you said you were giving it away free  >:(

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 13:12 »
I expect if you left a big mac there they'd have snapped it up - stupid people  ::)

LivvyW

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 13:12 »
That's awful.

Look on the brightside, think of the joy and pleasure you get from growing and eating your own. Look what the saddos are missing out on.

Just think...their loss.

Share your goodies with likeminded who'll appreciate the effort.
Liv.

scabs

• I love the smell of rhubarb in the morning
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 13:15 »
Idiots.

I'll pm you my address...

:D :D

My neighbours won't accept eggs because 'they come out of real birds'.  ::)

matilda duck

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 13:19 »
My neighbours won't accept eggs because 'they come out of real birds'.  ::)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i'd have had them!!!
 Take no notice just be grateful that you know what you're eating and how fresh it is!!!  Let them eat Super****et rubbish if they wish!!!  Their loss :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 13:59 »
i think the thing that annoyed me the most (other than the fact i made a special journey over there) was that when i suggested that i could bring some in, the woman organising it got really excited so i would have at least thought she would have bought some.

one of the make up girls asked me what the yellow and purple things that looked like beans were? (just in case any one is in any doubt, they were beans!!)

lisa80

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 14:19 »
Dont feel disheartened we live in a society where children grow up not knowing where chips or milk comes from ! my sister in loves her veg but wont touch it if its got mud or a dead bug on! i have to wash everything fully if its going to her, maybe u should have shrink wrapped it all and put a te***  lable on it stupid people would probably have bought it then!!!! we often laugh at some of our odd and oversized veg and how it doesnt conform to e.u standards but taste wise nothing beats it!!!!!its just a shame the way some people are brought up. i would have bought your veg!!! :) :) :)

scabs

• I love the smell of rhubarb in the morning
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 14:31 »
Absolutely!

Elcie

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 14:39 »
Oh that makes me really cross.  I am so sorry to hear that Lucywil, some people just don't appreciate it when others have put in some effort.  Sod the lot of them!

8doubles

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 14:53 »
You mentioned make-up girls, if you had put the veg in the blender and then into glass jars and said it was organic skin conditioner you may have had more takers.
The fashion seems to be eat junk and smear fruit and veg on your face.

Yes i know i`m an MCP but its at least halfway true  :D

Beetroot queen

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 14:58 »
They will realise just takes some people longer, bonus is you get to keep it and eat it. Result in my book  :D

Debz

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 15:08 »
I would have bought it!  My brother in law grew the oddest shaped carrots last year because they were in manure but they tasted absolutely marvellous.  Not every one realises the benefits of proper fresh veg instead of the bland bland mass produced supermarket stuff.

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 15:56 »
it's because everything is so sanitized and uniform nowdays.  When did you last see anything with a bit of soil on it, a potato with a scab, a mis-shapen carrot, bent french beans or anything other than 'perfect' fruit and veg for sale in the supermarket?  People don't want to have to wash things before they cook them, it's too much hard work.  :(
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 18:29 »
Their loss really, I'd have had it like a shot, I think it's a lovely idea  :)

Page created in 0.647 seconds with 36 queries.