Jam Jars

• 62 Replies

titch

Re: Jam Jars
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 22:19 »
i was going to get some from lakeland......... they seemed a good price and you buy the lids seperate if you want lids...................
been saving jars and so have mum and nan but think i will buy some too, after all you cant have too many can you  :ohmy: :lol:
just keep breathing................

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 22:30 »
Making jams and chutneys for friends and family it's ok to use old jars.  If you want to produce something more professional then it's best to get ones that don't have obvious signs of previous use.

I've looked at the Lakeland site and find them to be very limited in what they offer and also very expensive once you add on the extra cost for the lids.
Cheese makes everything better.

poultrygeist

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 22:49 »
We once found a company that sells jars by the pallet. You could buy a gross for a fraction (individually) of the prices elsewhere. But then you end up with a hundred odd empty jars sat somewhere until next year  :D
Might be do-able if there's a few people nearby all wanting some.

Rob 8)

matilda duck

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 08:16 »
Has anyone else bought jam jars from these people?  I bought some ages ago and they still havn't arrived.  I've contacted them by phone and sent numerous emails.  Received one reply and they are "looking into it".

Won't ever use them again, I'd rather pay a little more and buy from someone reliable. >:(

I'm sorry all!! :(   
 Mine came within 4 days which is why I said about them and to be honest I have used all mine and need to order some more :ohmy:    sorry again :(

Patricia

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden blog
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48 »
I get mine from the Jam Jar shop and they come with in a few days of my ordering. Also I think you get the lids with the jars. And it is lovely that they have all sorts of different sized lids so that makes it more economical for me to save my own jars and then just get more lids. :)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:55 »
Still nothing.  No reply to any of my emails and NO JARS

I've ordered from another company that is almost as cheap.  The jam jar shop is ok but with added postage they work out quite expensive.  As my pickles will be for sale that cuts into any potential profit.

Patricia

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden blog
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:21 »
Ice if it is with someone from Ebay I would start a dispute thing with Paypal. I had ordered a cage and it never showed up. And I took it to paypal and got my money back.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 12:59 »
We once found a company that sells jars by the pallet. You could buy a gross for a fraction (individually) of the prices elsewhere. But then you end up with a hundred odd empty jars sat somewhere until next year  :D
Might be do-able if there's a few people nearby all wanting some.

Rob 8)

Can you remember anymore details I need more jars and lots of them  :blush:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 13:20 »
I started a dispute with paypal this morning.  Got a response from Emetpack saying the items would be dispatched today.  Should I hold my breath? :lol:

It's great that people have used them and had a good service.  It's when things go wrong you find out how much they care about customer service. >:(

Patricia

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden blog
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 14:43 »
I agree Ice. But nice to know that paypal will stick up for you if needed. They have always helped me in the past when I have had a problem.

matilda duck

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 15:43 »
Sorry again folks :(   I wish I hadn't said anything now!!!!! >:(

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 15:50 »
No need to apologise MD.  The jars are very good value compared with lots of others on the web.  I wouldn't suggest that people don't use them, just order a few at a time and see how it goes.  As delivery is free it won't cost extra to do this. 

Unfortunately, after my sarcastic email to them I don't think they will want me back. :lol:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19 »
I ordered from a different supplier and am very pleased with them.  Jars shrink wrapped in a box, covered with thick bubble wrap and sealed with tape with FRAGILE written in bright red, very professional.  For a 12 oz jar with lid they work out at 65p each.

Still no sign of the others, but the day is young. :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:11 by Ice »

8doubles

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 10:08 »
No need to apologise MD.  The jars are very good value compared with lots of others on the web.  I wouldn't suggest that people don't use them, just order a few at a time and see how it goes.  As delivery is free it won't cost extra to do this. 

Unfortunately, after my sarcastic email to them I don't think they will want me back. :lol:

Did you mention this discussion on the forum ? The fact that their non-service has been brought to the attention of thousands of potential customers normally gets a quick result . :)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 10:14 »
I did mention it in one of my emails, oh well.  Was promised I would get an email by 10am which would mean delivery sometime today.  Nothing in my inbox yet. >:(

xx
jam jars

Started by tonydeakin on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2009, 07:01
by Patricia
xx
Jam Jars

Started by pompeyboy61 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 23:06
by BobE
xx
Jam Jars

Started by Riala on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

18 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 09:47
by Riala
xx
Someone help me out with these jars

Started by Beetroot queen on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

21 Replies
Last post September 06, 2009, 19:02
by titch

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 36 queries.