kohlrabi

• 3 Replies

Bozwell

• Experienced Member
kohlrabi
« on: July 14, 2009, 22:20 »
We had kohlrabi soup for tea tonight we never had kohlrabi before. Wow tasted great   :D
Can you hear voices?

Ropster

Re: kohlrabi
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:19 »
can we have the recipe please, I have several Kolrabi but dont know what to do with them

Bozwell

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:01 »
It was a very basic soup with a new veg to us .
I had about ten kohlrabi of different sizes, peeled it washed it and chopped them in to half inch pieces.
popped them in a pan with about a pint or so of water, added a touch of salt and pepper. Brought it to boil then covered and simmered for 15 minutes and then blitz it with a hand blender. We then just stirred in a couple of table spoons of cream.
We had it with a crusty french stick.
I tried a bit of the kohlrabi raw after peeling and washing and was pleasantly surprised by the mild flavor and texture. I think you could use it for any thing that you would use any other root veg for, like grating in a salad or roasting with the sunday lunch. Try a small piece raw and you will see what I mean.
I have just sown another row we liked it that much. :D :D :D

catllar

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 15:58 »
I've never cooked kohlrabi, but always thinly sliced in salads, I'll give the soup a go,  it sound lovely and my OH adores soup. Reckon a few bits of crispy bacon would go in there too!

xx
Kohlrabi gratin

Started by mashauk on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post July 29, 2008, 23:14
by mashauk

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 36 queries.