Americana

• 3 Replies

princesspoultry

Americana
« on: July 13, 2009, 23:27 »
 Hi, I'm thinking about getting an Americana rooster. Does anyone know what kind of rooster they tend to be? I want one that doesn't get that big and is known to be on the calmer side. I was thinking an Americana "Easter Egg Chicken" might be a good one to have.         Thanks for reading!

Roughlee Handled

Re: Americana
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:05 »
Sorry I do not have a perfect answer. 
But I would imagine that the apple never falls far from the tree, so if the parent stock has a good temperament the the progeny should be similar.

The only quote I have found when I did a search of the internet (which I am sure you have done) was this

Temperament of Americana Chickens
These birds are usually quiet and adapt well to confinement.

found here
http://www.small-farm-permaculture-and-sustainable-living.com/types_of_chickens.html
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

princesspoultry

Re: Americana
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 17:42 »
Sorry I do not have a perfect answer. 
But I would imagine that the apple never falls far from the tree, so if the parent stock has a good temperament the the progeny should be similar.

The only quote I have found when I did a search of the internet (which I am sure you have done) was this

Temperament of Americana Chickens
These birds are usually quiet and adapt well to confinement.

found here
http://www.small-farm-permaculture-and-sustainable-living.com/types_of_chickens.html

OK,Thanks!

princesspoultry

Re: Ameraucana
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 18:24 »
Hi, I'm thinking about getting an Americana rooster. Does anyone know what kind of rooster they tend to be? I want one that doesn't get that big and is known to be on the calmer side. I was thinking an Americana "Easter Egg Chicken" might be a good one to have.         Thanks for reading!

I mean Ameraucana.

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 36 queries.