swapping huts

• 7 Replies

peter o

swapping huts
« on: July 13, 2009, 16:14 »
hi
i have 8 chickens that all live in the same hut. 7 wks ago i bought three 10wk olds and a seperate ark for them to stay in. They are seperated from the mature birds by a small covered mesh area attached at the front of the ark.
this wk i decided to let them run with the ohters from about 4pm. this went fine for the first three nights with the birds all going to their usual huts. however this morning when i let the young ones out two of my older birds came out of their ark, they must have sneeked in last night.
is this normal i thought once a home had been estabilsed the hens usually returned to the same hut?
any advice thanks

too many girls

Re: swapping huts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 16:18 »
oh i wish, i have 6 hen huts and my birds love to house swap, it's great fun when you think someones gone missing only to find them in the wrong house :D

Foxy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 16:24 »
oh i wish, i have 6 hen huts and my birds love to house swap, it's great fun when you think someones gone missing only to find them in the wrong house :D

I know the feeling! Let out my faverolles growers out the other morning imagine my surprise when my huge black cochin boy came out too! :D :D

too many girls

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 16:26 »
i think our most suprising one was when i let the silkies out and 5 mins later superduck no 17 came waddling down the ramp, i think he's been spoiled and thinks he's a chicken :D

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 16:30 »
 :lol: :lol: bless him!

peter o

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 16:37 »
oh well i'll just need to check which hut their in on a night until they all go on to the same feed. the supprising thing is the ark is tiny and the other huts a good size. anyway thanks for avice

too many girls

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 16:38 »
he now lives in the garden with another duck with a poorly leg, they have their own house :D living with the gang is so beneath him, the chickens don't seem bothered by them in the slightest.

too many girls

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 16:39 »
maybe they just like to snuggle up.

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 36 queries.