ducklings

• 5 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
ducklings
« on: July 09, 2009, 23:03 »
Not been able to get on much recently! what with all the broods to look after and runs to build and something always needs water or food, usually the oh and kids!  :lol: but i wondered if you ducky experts would help with a little question? my little muscovies are 3 weeks old now and i wondered if they could go outside to live yet!?? also how do you vent sex a duck or is that best left to the experts? (sorry that was 2 questions  :blush:) i couldnt even see a vent when i flipped them over the other day!  ??? maybe thats why they use the expression as tight as a ducks bottom. ???

Debbie
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:35 by chickenlady »
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy

Re: ducklings
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:43 »
 :) :) :) :) :) :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Vember

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34 »
At 3 weeks at this time of year they should be ok to go out now Debbie :)

Sarah :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:50 »
Agree with Sarah (like I'd dare to disagree!) that they will be fine outside now. Vent sexing is a bit of a knack and it really helps to have someone (thanks again Sarah) who knows what they are doing to check you are doing it right.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 19:44 »
Thankyou guys! the babies have been nick named the muck mucks! cause they poop soooooooo much and being muscovies as you can imagine are quite big even though they are only 3 wks!  :blink: really glad we can get them out this weekend! as aswell as the smell and the mess, they can now reach the lid of the large brooder IN THE LOUNGE! :blink: and "nibble" on the clips that hold it shut and its such a loud noise!!!  ??? will get some more pics this weekend hopefully!

Debbie

Spana

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 21:48 »
Are they feathered up, I think 3 weeks even at this time of year is a little soon unless they have mum to keep them warm at night .  The weathers not the best at the moment and if you have hatched them in the incubator they wont have got their feathers waxed up from mum to help keep them dry.  If they get wet and cold its curtains.  I know how you feel, nothing stinks more than ducklings, but I would play safe and keep them inside a little longer.  Muscovys are the best :)

xx
ducklings

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 19, 2009, 12:08
by poultrygeist
xx
Ducklings

Started by Tensing on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post November 21, 2006, 15:57
by sorrel
xx
Ducklings

Started by Tattyanne456 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 21:16
by Tattyanne456
xx
Ducklings HELP !

Started by TonyB on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 04, 2007, 05:19
by TonyB

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 36 queries.