6x

• 6 Replies

adal

• Man Of the World
6x
« on: July 08, 2009, 13:38 »
Can anyone tell me about 6X Natural Fertiliser i seen it in garden mag's and garden centre's.  if you ask in garden centre's about 6x there tell you it's the best you can get in the way of  Natural Fertiliser is this true or am i better of with the old horse poo

adal :(

noshed

Re: 6x
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 15:42 »
The advantage of things like 6X is that you can apply it straight away, without rotting it down. We get free manure and council compost on our site so that is what most people use, with chicken manure pellets and fish, blood and bone or growmore just before sowing or planting out.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 20:25 »
Would i be right to think that you could be sure that it had no Aminopyralid in it. Or would the heat treatment not destroy it?
Anybody know?

Mike.white

• Experienced Member
    • Mike White
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20 »
well, according to their website:

"6X Natural Fertiliser - a 100% natural organic fertiliser with a balanced pH of 6.8. It's environmentally friendly, contains no peat or chemicals and is oven heated at over 250°C to provide a sterilised, weed and pathogen free natural organic fertiliser. 6X Natural Fertiliser has been produced in the U.K. for over 40 years and is a fully tried, tested and trusted product. Since 6X Natural Fertiliser is six times richer than farmyard manure, it provides balanced nutrition for shrubs, flower beds, vegetables and lawns and is extraordinarily economical - one 15Kg sack of fibrous 6X Natural Fertiliser is sufficient to cover 180sq metres at lawn rate. For greater lawn areas and paddocks etc., it is also available in pelleted form for use in spreaders."

For the latest on the BIG project, read my blog.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:00 »
Sorry - i saw "6x" and just thought - "there's a way to grow your own beer???  :ohmy: "

.........................I'll get me coat - don't even like the stuff  :lol:

mark.carline

• Experienced Member
    • Photo Album
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:16 »
Would i be right to think that you could be sure that it had no Aminopyralid in it. Or would the heat treatment not destroy it?
Anybody know?

Hmm - from what I read on the WIKI site, Aminopyralid seems to have been withdrawn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aminopyralid

quote:

The manufacturers of aminopyralid products have now withdrawn their products from sale and the Government has formally suspended their approvals whilst they investigate the options for mitigating against a recurrence of this problem. Only when the Government is satisfied that the necessary measures to achieve this can be put in place will aminopyralid products be allowed back on the market

Full petition here:
http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17354
"I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:32 »
It is suspended at the mo, Mark, but the signs are that it is likely to be reinstated by Defra fairly soon.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 38 queries.