Jackpot

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Jackpot
« on: July 05, 2009, 20:51 »
As many of you will know, I grow in a very small garden, but today its worth watering 70 tubs and barrels.   
I have picked - runner beans, dwarf purple beans (supplied to me by a forum member, he knows who he is, and I am truly grateful).   Lettuce, which I have been picking for a few weeks, along with rocket, but today, it was Rollo Losso, new spuds, rocket, and radish.  The spuds are 'carlingford' .  Along with that, we have picked some tiny yellow patio tomatoes.    And the landwatercress, is very hot and tasty.   So my very small garden has  begun to reap its harvest, and very nice it is to. regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 20:53 »
Well done, it's a great feeling isn't it? :)
Cheese makes everything better.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 20:57 »
Thanks  Ice, |Yes , it is really good, especially as I've eaten them.  regards, Mrs Bouquet

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 21:12 »
nice one Mrs B

Mitsy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 21:22 »
I know the feeling well. Well done  :D
You have not lost the battle unless you quit :)

Michelle x

suzeking

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 21:33 »
i am in a similar situation - small garden but reaping the benefits - lettuce, rocket, peas, courgettes - all my friends are jealous!! am going to try potatoes next year i think....

susan

Beetroot queen

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 21:43 »
Well done, I cant remember Mrs B are you waiting for a plot or happy with your garden. I love the plot and garden and have started a mission it can only enter if its edible. LOL

My daughter said I am not edible can I come in, to which hubby replied you'd be great roasted with some beetroot  :ohmy: the look on her face was a picture  :blush:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 17:41 »
Well done, I cant remember Mrs B are you waiting for a plot or happy with your garden. I love the plot and garden and have started a mission it can only enter if its edible. LOL

My daughter said I am not edible can I come in, to which hubby replied you'd be great roasted with some beetroot  :ohmy: the look on her face was a picture  :blush:

Yes, we have been waiting for a plot in the village now for 2 years, and we're still not top of the list,  but I am very content with my little garden, although OH is out there now tying up one of the runner bean tubs, which has blown over in the gale.  I wish I could find a little beetroot space, we eat about 2 large jars of it every week.  Maybe thats why I look abit red in the face.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mrs Bouquet

Beetroot queen

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 18:16 »

Yes, we have been waiting for a plot in the village now for 2 years, and we're still not top of the list,  but I am very content with my little garden, although OH is out there now tying up one of the runner bean tubs, which has blown over in the gale.  I wish I could find a little beetroot space, we eat about 2 large jars of it every week.  Maybe thats why I look abit red in the face.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mrs Bouquet

You never know the people before you may not want one when its there turn, I love beetroot as you call tell by my user name, we had some roasted on sunday, first time to roast them and wow  :D

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 36 queries.