Poorly Chook

• 3 Replies

Clarie

Poorly Chook
« on: July 05, 2009, 08:20 »
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? One of my white leghorns is off colour. She is very lethargic and just stands on her own. She has mucus hanging from her mouth and runny poo. She's also off her food. She ran over for a treat yesterday but picked it up but then didn't eat it. The other chicks just barged her out of the way. She's also quite hot. Any ideas?

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: Poorly Chook
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:34 »
Hi Clare

Ive moved this into the henhouse and deleted your other post just to make it easier for you

Good luck with the chook
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Foxy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17 »
Hello Clare! Welcome to the forum :) :)

Your hen has a respiratory infection and needs the vet asap for a course of Baytril or Tylan good antibiotics for these symptoms. You will need to separate her or treat the others as will be infectious.

Good luck Clare and keep us posted :)

Clarie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 15:54 »
Thank you for your response. The good news is that my hen Michelle / Marmaduke has recovered completely. I think she just had a bit of a snotty cold. The others were unaffected. She is now running around the garden, holding her own and snatching treats from the others. So, panic over!
ps the reason that she has two names is that there are seven of us (5 kids!) but only six hens. Our two boys no longer live at home and so could both name the same one. Ssh they don't realise!

xx
Poorly chook

Started by bygrace on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 02, 2012, 14:58
by viettaclark
xx
Poorly chook!

Started by new chooks on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 21:43
by new chooks
xx
Poorly Chook

Started by azubah on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 30, 2008, 09:14
by azubah
xx
Poorly Chook

Started by Caralou on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 14:01
by Caralou

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 36 queries.