lice killing operation

• 5 Replies

karlooben

lice killing operation
« on: June 29, 2009, 21:28 »
i got some lice an mite killer spray and powders today and begged the help of another plot holder , well my girls bums were quite loaded with lice { all going well dead as a door knob now  :lol: } i was very shocked . i am worried though that i mite of sprayed them a bit to close to the skin so i cant wait for the morning to be able to check they are fine . one thing i did notice though was mini mini tiny little red things so i am assuming i have red mite as well as lice but the treatment has been started an will be done again in a weeks time .

there is one girl who has very red skin and shes never really ever gone good feather could this be cause of the lice or could she be an old bird  :wub: i'll get pics tomorrw to put on here in the evening shes been like this pretty much since i got her .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

raeburg

Re: lice killing operation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 21:37 »
I too found lice/mites today :(  Nothing on the girls just the house.  Have been spraying and cleaning all evening. 

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 21:42 »
i managed to jeyes the house right out today and i have never noticed anything moving in the house excpt the flys of course  :lol:. now they have johnsons mite powder in thier nest box bedding an normally i am placing a long board over the top of them so they dont sleep in them at night but tonight i left that of so i am hoping the girls will snuggle down in them a get another dusting , i'm blaming the weather for bringing out all the bugs  :lol:

raeburg

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 22:32 »
i think it's the weather too!

Caralou

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 22:39 »
Me too, had to go to the feed store to buy all sorts today, including red mite powder and purple spray. Jeyes fluid has quickly become my best friend in the garden  ::)

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:11 »
well i did say i was worried i had sprayed them to close to the skin but all came flying out the coop without a care in the world so i havent hurt any of them and i will be checking for the little blighters later on today  :D.

xx
my hen needs an operation!

Started by thebumbles on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2012, 20:32
by grinling
xx
Operation 'Chicken run construction'

Started by red on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post September 17, 2011, 20:21
by Abacus
xx
Killing Chickens

Started by bertie on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 13:33
by bertie
xx
Killing your cockerals

Started by Casey76 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2009, 21:09
by meterman

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 36 queries.