urgent can anyone help please

• 2 Replies

maggiem

urgent can anyone help please
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:21 »
Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to help my 5 month old cockerel. The joint of his leg is pointing in the wrong direction as if his leg is dislocated or broken. I think he may have damaged it jumping down from the roof of the hen house.He does not appear to be able to put any weight on it and is having great difficulty in walking. When he does try the joint points in the way instead of being straight. The joint seems a little swollen but I'm not sure if he is in pain, he is eating ok. We live in Greece so even if a vet would see him(not very likely) he would just wring his neck. I would really like to try any other avenue before having to do the deed. Thanks, Maggie

Foxy

Re: urgent can anyone help please
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:27 »
Hi Maggie, sounds like he has a "slipped tendon" I think it can be manipulated back, I will have a look for you. In the meantime give him a baby dispersible baby aspirin in water to help reduce swelling and discomfort. If your vet will give him some "metacam" that would be better. :)

maggiem

Re: urgent can anyone help please
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:48 »
Thanks Foxy, it's almost at a 45 degree angle if he tries to stand on it.  I feel a bit helpless and I don't want to lose him as am very attached to him :(

xx
URGENT!

Started by Chicken_Lover on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 05, 2013, 11:55
by Chicken_Lover
xx
URGENT help..please

Started by babe on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 20:43
by smiler43
clip
urgent what should i do!!

Started by traacyken on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 01, 2014, 23:10
by splash101
xx
HELP please urgent

Started by slowef on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 12, 2007, 22:17
by agapanthus

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 36 queries.