Boozed-up slugs

• 25 Replies

viettaclark

Re: Boozed-up slugs
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 10:07 »
I got another 12 sozzled slugs this morning but the chooks had already feasted on slugs in their pellets which I left out......hmmm....so layers pellets attracts them, makes them sluggish and I've got a huge sackful.....logical really as the pellets are oats, bran etc. Maybe not with cats and mice and rats........this has turned into a garden thing on a poultry site......... :blink:

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 10:19 »
I fed the lone slug to my girls this morning, they seemed very interested in it to begin with but then turned their noses up! they also declined the caterpillars I carefully picked off a plant for them yesterday, and ignored the spinach I hung in their run. I must have the fussiest chickens ever >:( They do enjoy a good moth though :)

mashauk

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24 »
I have this picture now in my head of chucks running around singing Vindaloo, la la la and beating each other up at 11pm :)

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 11:37 »
I fed the lone slug to my girls this morning, they seemed very interested in it to begin with but then turned their noses up! they also declined the caterpillars I carefully picked off a plant for them yesterday, and ignored the spinach I hung in their run. I must have the fussiest chickens ever >:( They do enjoy a good moth though :)
You must have posh chucks.  I found mine running around and had to scare them before the lead chuck (the one that was being chased) dropped this.

Mine eat almost anything and everything.
Only watch this video if your not squeamish
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 17:00 »
Allo, allo, you must have zee French cheeks az zey like zee frogs legs, wiz a leetle mouze on ze side. :lol:

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 18:06 »
I think you may have been licking to many toads. :ohmy:

viettaclark

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 19:55 »
This brings us nicely round to my post about carnivore chickens  :lol:Mine will fight for caterpillars, wireworms etc. that I find and put in ( :wacko:they don't like blackfly)and all my thinnings have been going....you guessed it....to the chickens! I'm going to have to do a deal with the local greengrocer in the winter.....and the slug pubs are open for business tonight.

Chookster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 23:31 »
Well i was wondering the same thing too this week as i have installed many yoghurt pots and cheep beer around my decimated beans.  I got 15 slugs from 4 yoghurt pots over the first night and even more the next morning i went up there - i put them all on the compost heap but today they were gone!!

Where'd they go?? You guys been pinching my sluggies? :tongue2:there must be a good few wobbly toads up there

viettaclark

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 00:12 »
I have a feeling that boozed-up slugs, although stiff and lifeless are actually still alive! Your captured sluggies probably sobered up and you'll find them at your beans again! If the chickens won't eat them I would flush them down the loo!

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 12:02 »
The slugs were probably thinking "that was one helluva party, how did we end up here?" :lol:

Chookster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 17:21 »
Right! seeing as that's probably wot's happened in my allotment then, who fancies a party along the same lines ha ha :D

xx
slugs

Started by rapahoe on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 20:28
by themagicaltoad1
xx
Slugs

Started by Prod on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 14, 2012, 20:04
by grinling
xx
Slugs

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 00:22
by SUTTY1
xx
slugs

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 19:48
by Alby

Page created in 0.801 seconds with 37 queries.