v upset new so called hen owner

• 92 Replies

Caralou

Re: v upset new so called hen owner
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 13:59 »
I've popped you a PM about this traacyken.  I hope you can get them a new home and some girls for your garden. What a horrible man  :mad:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2009, 16:29 »
been out of the loop for a few days, so just catching up. This really does suck. talk about damaging your faith in human nature. I dont suppose GA needs any cockrels does she?? Do they make good table birds? I know its horrid to think of as you are getting attached to them, but she might be able to swap the four boys for 2 girls?  just a thought......  and she is a reputable seller so you know you wont be getting shafted... add to that you get to meet the rest of the lovely peeps and pooches there!  :-)

No, GA doesn't need any cockerels at the moment thank you!!! :D :D  We've got 11 here at the moment, maybe 12!  But the 5 Amberlinks will go in freezer when they are a bit bigger, as will probably the odd Leghorn, but Rocky still rules the roost and the others are for breeding.   :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 16:45 by GrannieAnnie »

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2009, 16:39 »
lol...was just a thought... you not in the market for any RIR's anymore then?? Think i have got two or three here....

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2009, 16:45 »
LOL chooky, a RIR cockerel is the only one we do need!  but at the moment the 6 bbies who we hope aer girlies are only 6 weeks old.  Once we get the new breeding shed ready (its nearly there!) then I will be on the lookout!!!  :D

Ohh I just thought Chooky!  you are in doncater aren't you?  I don't suppose you know a chap called Steve who lives in Doncaster and sells POL hybrids do you?  I did have his number and email lst year, but lost them when I had to re-load my Windows XP.  Now I have a vicar in doncaster who wants 6 POL's but he doesn't want to come all this way to get them!    I don't suppose you do know Steve, and you haven't got 6 POL hybrids I don't suppose????

Sorry Traacyken, I hijacked your thread!!! 

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2009, 18:20 »
lmao.... dont have 6 pol hybrids no.... dont suppose you happen to know which church in Doncaster??? I might have to come through for some girlies to put in with my babies, cos i think i only have 2 possible 3 girlies out of the 10 eggs!! grr... so will have to buy some after all.... If I can rehome a cockrel (or two  :wub:)  with you rather than them going to the pot then it would be worth a trip and if i know what church or might sort out him picking them up from me..... we could prob sort something out... how desperate for them is he..... pm me and we can have a natter and see if we can sort something out...

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2009, 21:22 »
Thanks chooky, I've got to go and shut the chooks up in a minute and on the way back here I'll get the note with his number on.  I'm sure I wrote down the name of the church, well reasonably sre..... well I think I did, actually not sure if I did or not!  But if you think we could do something, I could phone him first to make sure he is still looking!

Will PM you when I come back in.   thanks   ann

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2009, 07:40 »
I live near to doncaster, I know a good place to get hybrid POL just down the A1.  Have had them myself.  Reputable company, healthy birds.  I think they are the spares bred for the free range egg trade so good layers.
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2009, 11:38 »
traacyken any news?
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2009, 19:59 »
If you are anywhere near North Wales PM me and I can help you with some hens. I can also deal with the cockerels if you can't face it yourself.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2009, 20:41 »
hi posted a new message on lat night but its dissapeared :blink: took them back today and he was still insisting they were hens and was going to do a dna test, i said do it then, he was v offhand for a liar >:(im in the lancashire area nr blackburn,. was v sad today as he was realy rough with them anyone know where my threads gone :unsure:

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2009, 20:44 »
You have another thread on chicken chat  :D

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=39281.0
http://www.woodside-farm-chickens.webs.com/
*-:¦:-•*quis goes inter*•-:¦:-•:* adveho inter*•-:¦:-*

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2009, 20:45 »
If you are anywhere near North Wales PM me and I can help you with some hens. I can also deal with the cockerels if you can't face it yourself.

You are getting a bit too close to advertising Hensington.  Please note that everything on these forums are "free to a good home" or for a reasonable swap.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2009, 21:08 »
 :blink:thats were it is how did it end up somewhere else :tongue2: sorry if i caused trouble with the replys and reqests for poss hens :( can people pm me if they no any body with something suitable

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2009, 21:22 »
Sorry Tracy, I'm not getting at you.  I just have to ensure no trading takes place on the forums.  It's not allowed by the site owner.  :(

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2009, 22:54 »

You are getting a bit too close to advertising Hensington.  Please note that everything on these forums are "free to a good home" or for a reasonable swap.

I wasn't expecting payment.  I just didn't want a thousand sob stories filling my inbox :)
I keep Gold Duckwing Welsummers and if the lady wants a couple then if it's ok with the moderators I can spare a couple.  I don't make a habit of it but after a heartbreaking tale like that she deserves some luck.

xx
Hen with upset tum

Started by linzechris on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 10:21
by Vember
xx
Tylan-quite upset about this!

Started by Flump on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2010, 14:03
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Chicken's with upset tummies

Started by Rubytuesday on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 09:49
by Rubytuesday
xx
Girl with upset tummy

Started by cammi on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 04, 2011, 11:47
by cammi

Page created in 2.294 seconds with 38 queries.