v upset new so called hen owner

• 92 Replies

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
Re: v upset new so called hen owner
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 19:28 »
Hi,
You will be losing a lot more than that if you keep them, because of the feed. You will be very lucky to get £5 each for them as you don't know what breed they are. Report him again to where he is advertising, not sure it will do any good though :unsure:
Japanese quail are easy to sex, cocks have plain breasts and hens have speckled, do you have any big friends that fancy quail? :)

Michelle
http://www.woodside-farm-chickens.webs.com/
*-:¦:-•*quis goes inter*•-:¦:-•:* adveho inter*•-:¦:-*

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 19:35 »
 i wish! the site hes advertising on(not sure if i can put  site name on here) have ads on you have to pay for when there new, after a few days anyone can get access to them. otherwise id get my lad to phone, my partner tried to phone nut the coward had turned his phone of :mad:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 19:39 »
Best not to put the name on here thanks.  Sorry to hear your story, it's all too frequent nowadays.
Cheese makes everything better.

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 19:48 »
definately pass on his name and number and all the facts about his new ad to trading standards and the site you advertised on . Also i suggest ringing the site . If its the site im thinking a friend of mine had no problems complaining in regards to a chap who lead them on a wild goose chase when they were supposed to be picking up a dog . Basically he gave them  a false address. i imagine he was watching us having a cheap laugh . good luck

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 19:58 »
I have been to chicken sales before and some of them have been miss-described, age,sex etc. I think it is wrong, especially for people who are just getting into chickens, as they trust what they are being sold. Luckily at the auction I am doing on Sunday, I will be doing the booking-in and auctioneering, so I will be able to check everthing that is going through.
If I am not sure of the sex they will be sold as un-sexed.
People like this make man make me angry :mad:
Michelle

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 21:28 »
Sorry to hear your story!  :( I have 4 x 3wk old purebreed welsummers and it is very obvious that 1 is a boy!! the 3 girls have hardly any comb at all!

Hope you get them re homed and get your longed for hens!

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 21:32 »
Time to call the Revenue, give them the details and tell them all about that undeclared income. It always makes me feel better  :)

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2009, 21:42 »
Will make them think twice about doing it again, Id try the benefits hotline as well...could be trying it on with that too
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2009, 21:55 »
Unscrupulous people like this can be very ruthless.  Don't take the law into your own hands, just learn from the experience and move on.

Scams to part people with their money are everywhere, so it's not a surprise that people are using the fast growing market for hens.

The message for anyone thinking of buying chickens is to research, research and research again.  Then buy from someone that can recommend a particular supplier.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2009, 22:43 »
gees bruced you make me laugh :) tell me their phone no and i will call them. not giving up tho as ive been ripped of to many times and let it go v fond of the boys :blush:and now have the task of selling them even for a small amount so i can get some girls, whole idea of getting them was to save some money and get some pets as ive always wanted some hens. one of them jumped on the table tonigt as i was cooling the veg down id put in the pan for them and was eating it out of the bowl in my hand, was upset about it how trusting they are esp the biggest one :closedeyes: id keep them all if i had some land, been looking for years as weve large breed ponies too, but cant get anything. def a no no with the neighbours thing abot keeping them tho sadly :(

terrijane

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2009, 10:28 »
Just a thought but where I live there is a field barn centre attraction with all sorts of chucks, ducks etc. As you are very fond of them could you phone around and see if anyone would take them, I know you are out of pocket but at the same time they will go to a good home and chalk it up to experience, unfortunately these things happen and you will never get rid of so called cowboys its the same in all walks of life - buyer beware. It took me a year to get my chooks and I know I would feel the same as you if I'd been ripped off and welcome to the site and good luck for next time.

nzdunn

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2009, 12:33 »
just read all this and its just alwful, i count myself lucky it could have happened to me aswell, i rang round a few people before i found the guy i got my girls from, i couldnt of asked for a better breeder, but like you it could have gone a completey different way, i hope you find them all a new home, big hugs to you       Nicky

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2009, 12:42 »
been out of the loop for a few days, so just catching up. This really does suck. talk about damaging your faith in human nature. I dont suppose GA needs any cockrels does she?? Do they make good table birds? I know its horrid to think of as you are getting attached to them, but she might be able to swap the four boys for 2 girls?  just a thought......  and she is a reputable seller so you know you wont be getting shafted... add to that you get to meet the rest of the lovely peeps and pooches there!  :-)

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47 »
hi thanx my o/h tried phoning the coward this morn on his phone but hes got it on awnserphone :mad: yes id be happy to swap them for a hen or2, id like to have 4-5hens in total no room for more ::) put a few ads on a couple of sites advertising them this morn. :(

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 12:55 »
good luck with it love... have you tried on the swap shop on here?? you cannot offer them for sale, but you can offer them to swap.

xx
Hen with upset tum

Started by linzechris on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 10:21
by Vember
xx
Tylan-quite upset about this!

Started by Flump on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2010, 14:03
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
chicken poorly/upset please help?

Started by chickchick on The Hen House

30 Replies
Last post August 06, 2008, 09:06
by compostqueen
xx
Chicken's with upset tummies

Started by Rubytuesday on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 09:49
by Rubytuesday

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 37 queries.