goose eggs gone cold

• 34 Replies

wildwitchy

Re: goose eggs gone cold
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 23:47 »
Thankyou.
Great news on your chicks. My faithful but very mardy hen is looking after it for me & she is doing her best. She's also adopted 2 older chicks from another hatch some weeks back and she's sitting on this goose egg aswell. She just want's to be a mummy so desperatly. Oh and she's also keeping the smallest of my orpingtons warm aswell. The cream fluff you can see underneath her. She does try hard to please everyone.  :D
DSC00784.JPG

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52 »
One of mine is a newfoundland cross gsd, webbed feet the works and for something that is supposed to be a water rescue  she hates water. As her fur is so thick (double layers) I got her one of those kiddie sand pits and filled it with water to help keep her cool but could I get her in it? could I heck as like, she would put either her 2 front feet or her 2 back feet in but not all 4 at a time.
Staffies are softer than you think.

cathangirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 08:22 »
What breed is Eva, wildwitchy?  She is beautiful and very clever being Mum to so many different ages.
cathangirl

wildwitchy

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14 »
I bet your newfoundland x gsd is lovely & BIG  :lol:. I like both of those breeds. Pippa dog is a law to herself. I think she's going through the menopause like me at the minute- I can't quite work her out?  :tongue2:

Thankyou cathan girl - Eva is a gold brahma. She has done very well I think because she's only young herself. A first time broody. The orpy (Barbara) she's got under her always try's to sleep under any other big fluffy hen. I suppose Eva is like a big fluffy duvet for all the other chooks. She's not keen on me tho. lol.  :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 15:09 »
She's slightly shorter than my other dog - 14 month old neapolitan mastiff bitch, who is still growing (not height  anymore but body and head size). Ollie the neo is going to the vets tomorrow to be speyed so think she will be a bit subdued for a few days. We don't normally have them speyed but charlie the newfie x got pyometria last year and we nearly lost her, ended up with a huge vets bill of around £600  :ohmy: no insurance on her  :(. Got ollie insured as neo's are known to have quite a few health problems - eyes, joints, growth problems with their jaws (ollie had this but recovered without medication - no pain - as it was only minor and on one side of her jaw). Always had gsd's before but decided we had had too many with spinal problems so no more  :(. I know what you mean about the menopause am going through it myself  :lol: :lol:

xx
GOOSE EGGS

Started by parthenipirate on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 16:23
by parthenipirate
xx
Goose eggs

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 13:01
by Honeysuckle
xx
goose eggs

Started by karenn on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2007, 22:10
by muntjac
xx
Goose eggs!!!

Started by Nails on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 16:10
by poppies

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 37 queries.