Regional price check

• 34 Replies

king cauli

• Experienced Member
Regional price check
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 23:11 »
i think people who say "respect your elders"are been youngist,i think you should respect every person on their merit ,regardless of age,gender or creed, but anyhows arnt we straying from the price thing here :lol:  i got 3 plots in stourbridge,2 are 100ft x35 ft each and are a tenner a year with water and no insurance,other one on another site is approx 35ft45ft and is 9 pound a year,three pound of which is liability insurance,baahh.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

mkhenry

Respect People
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 00:20 »
King Cauli READ what is written I have not said respect your elders. Nor do I expect any one to respect people for no good reason.  I stated look apon them as a resource in order that progress good be made.  And these forums are not the place to decry anyone JUST because they are getting on in years.  Just a very few years ago the average age of a lottie holder was over 50. in some areas even having an allotment made you old fashioned. Now thank goodness the average age is far less,and lottie holders are seen as forward thinking.  Thats progess.  I am certain that you would be put out if someone made cheap jibes about your age, and actually wanted a bad winter so that you might die just so that they could get there own way. I value everybodys life and would not wish the death of even my worst enemy.
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Regional price check
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 01:17 »
mkhenry  - your point has been made and accepted. Let's all please calm down and return to the topic.  One mans jest isn't meant to be another's mortal insult. As someone who has been subject to ageism (try getting an IT job at 50) I do appreciate your point.
So,  to return to allotment costs - ours are £20 pa per approx 150 sq metre plot. They have increased approximately 11% above inflation over the last 4 years.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Regional price check
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 18:06 »
There was another thread about this recently:

Cost of a plot   :D

Axe Victim

• Experienced Member
Regional price check
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 18:20 »
I was reading this thread with amusement, thinking, well, I'm a young allotmenteer...then I remembered I'm 50 this summer :o

I just think I'm still 25. :?

:lol:
If life gives you lemons...wrap a dog turd in newspaper and set fire to it on Life's doorstep.

king cauli

• Experienced Member
Regional price check
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 22:00 »
i agree mkhenry with every word and i will say no more 8)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Regional price check
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 22:17 »
I think I'm probably to oldest member on this site.  I date back to the 17th century  :wink:

noshed

Regional price check
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 21:32 »
I'm older than Munty
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

davep

Regional price check
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 20:52 »
allotment near me is offering free for a year!plus free seeds!i'm very tempted!i always thought lottys would be fairly expensive to rent,but judjing by some of of your posts it seems i could get a fairly decent piece of land for the price of a night on the town!do local councils have an obligation to provide this land to people?it just seems realy cheap(or free).

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Regional price check
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 20:59 »
Yes they do have an obligation to provide allotments, it's all to do with the allotment act. There fabulous places, lot better for you than night on the town   :lol:  only need to be at mine for few mins and I feel good again.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

ruffmesiter_69

Regional price check
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 16:55 »
ours is £28.65 inclusive of everything, we fought off paying for water this year and have that suspended for 3 years at least.

SkipRat

Regional price check
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 20:25 »
In Hull I pay 28 pound a year for a 250 sq metres plot with running water.
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

toptonk

Regional price check
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 22:39 »
Ours is run by the local church and has been for many years and costs £13 pounds per year for each allotment,all are aprox 10 rods or whatever that is. :roll:  :roll: All have a tap on for access to the water which is free.I think this is a bargin for the hours of time you spend there. :D  :D

mkhenry

regional price check
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 23:25 »
The cost of allotments in Milton keynes is, Cat A With all facilities £2.98 per pole per annum.Cat B with limited facilities £ 2.29 Per pole per annum.  Cat c with no facilities £1.70 Per pole per annum. If you are an OAP,disabled ,or unemployed it you will get a 50% discount. There are 60 allotment sites listed with more to come. This number takes in the local areas surrounding MK. There are a few vacancies on some of the out of the way sites and the largest has 298 plots the smallest only 6. In the older towns i.e. Bletchley there are 9 very active sites,and within easy drive there are another 10 or so. I pass 6 large great looking lottie sites every day. Some of the local schools have started Gardening Clubs,so hopefully the trend will continue.

Kabby

Regional price check
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 19:37 »
Think I'm the cheapest but I don't think the allotments on our site are full size - we pay £10.50 per annum incl. water.   I'll have a proper measure up tomorrow!
I'd like to think I knew what I was doing....but generally I don't!!!

xx
just want to check if im ok to sow

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post June 14, 2008, 19:50
by peapod
xx
check your onions!

Started by cawdor2001 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 14:47
by sclarke624
xx
When in doubt, check.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 19:35
by sunshineband
xx
check your forecast

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 18, 2009, 08:47
by Howard

Page created in 0.613 seconds with 37 queries.