Best way of fencing

• 4 Replies

charliesmum

Best way of fencing
« on: April 05, 2007, 13:12 »
I took my allotment in January and the man at the council said they would put a fence up for me when he got his new budget in April.

I phoned this morning and he said he would try to get it done in the next couple of MONTHS !  I even offered to do it myself if he provides the materials.  I have the allotment right next to the car park, so really need to fence it before anything starts to grow.

What is the best way to fence it off without spending a fortune.

agapanthus

Best way of fencing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 14:48 »
I suppose it depends what you want to keep off your plot.  We have a rabbit problem where we are so most of the plots are fenced off with rabbit wire, with at least a foot buried. These are attached to 6' round posts and tension wires. I would'nt say it particularly cheap but quite a few of us chipped in together and we now have rabbit-free plots :)

king cauli

• Experienced Member
Best way of fencing
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 23:50 »
have a look around for some cheap of free bushes,a growing fence is much nicer,some willow would be nice,or even some brambles trained neatly over wires rewarding you in the autumnal months,make a fence from a living tree and not a dead one :)
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

WG.

Best way of fencing
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 04:59 »
That reminded me of another post KC.  Someone posted a picture of a brushwood fence but I'm darned if I can find the thread.

noshed

Best way of fencing
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 21:48 »
On our site people use anything that exhibits mildly fence-like features - old cots, bunk beds, bedsteads, pallets, one of the best things is the fences they put around construction sites- you can often get them out of skips. Have a look around.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

xx
Fencing

Started by supervegman on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 18, 2010, 06:08
by Rangerkris
xx
FENCING

Started by apes1978 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 26, 2006, 13:26
by Oliver
xx
Living fencing

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 23:00
by Ema
xx
Allotment fencing

Started by ferret1988 on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post January 21, 2013, 23:43
by surbie100

Page created in 0.571 seconds with 36 queries.