clarification
« on: April 04, 2007, 20:53 »
what is comfrey?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 21:04 »
A herbaceous plant that has nutrient rich leaves, can be used as a poultice for healing broken bones ( i think ), has bloomin long roots.

The leaves are often used for making "comfrey tea" for feeding tom's and other fruiting plants, also good for flowers.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

shaun

clarification
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 21:07 »
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

greenbean

clarification
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 21:31 »
Ooooo as a newie if I had been abit quicker I knew the answer to that one! I have quite alot of this on my plot left buy previous owner ,thought it was greens! Wont be making that mistake again  :lol: .

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
clarification
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 22:39 »
Quote from: "greenbean"
Ooooo as a newie if I had been abit quicker I knew the answer to that one! I have quite alot of this on my plot left buy previous owner ,thought it was greens! Wont be making that mistake again  :lol: .

Comfrey the wonder plant, apparently you can eat the leaves when they are small in with salads, but when they get bigger they are VERY prickly, so I wouldn't fancy them at all!!

I bought my first plant when my Mum had bad leg ulcers, the allantoin in the comfrey is supposed to be good for them, but she would never use it, but now I use it as a liquid feed, and on my compost heap.  The chooks like a bit too!

king cauli

• Experienced Member
clarification
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:17 »
isnt it called knitbone aswell because of its healing properties?hows the toms doing annie?
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

xx
onion white rot -clarification.

Started by Ivor Backache on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 10:59
by Ivor Backache

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 37 queries.