Bank holiday projects...

• 16 Replies

thegarybrough

Bank holiday projects...
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:15 »
Not sure who all gets today as a holiday, but wondered if people wanted to share 'inspirational' stories of any projects for what seems to be a dry bank holiday weekend?

Personally nothing too exciting, we have a new plot so mostly diggin'! Hope to plant my first few veggies today though - yay! I'm also just about to go snap some end of week 1 pics for the lotty diary.

G

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
Re: Bank holiday projects...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:28 »
Hi - I'm sort of working and have just made copious amounts of scones - plain (for teh butter jam and cream), fruit and cheese. No time for growing until later - got the masses to feed :ohmy:

thegarybrough

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:44 »
mmmm.....scones, yum!

Riala

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:01 »
I just keep staring at my new allotment pics and wish they could of posted my letter before the friday.

Got my letter saturday and of course, all the offices where closed till tuesday. :(

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 13:07 »
just potting up some tommy plants and cucs into there final tubs planting some herbs out which we bought yesterday and some sweetcorn which ive been given (stand by for sweetcorn question shortly)
its to hot at the minute though so im indoors cooling off.
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

hindy

• Experienced Member
    • Hayden Road Allotmenteers
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 13:26 »
Just been upto the lottie and not too much to do there, so have come home and have 5 gallons of rhubarb wine that needs bottleing..  Should be 30 bottles   :D
Andy
Founder of Hayden Road Allotmenteers

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 13:29 »
i have been on call since saturday 3pm till 3pm today.  if i dont get called, im planning to nip down to the lottie and strim my paths before my neighbours complain ::).........now ive posted this, im bound to get a call out :(

Riala

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 13:41 »
Been to the soon-to-be-my-lottie, and I am a little disappointed at the amount of growth, weeds and brambles to be honest.

Have taken a gazillion pics which I will throw up on my facebook for you all too see at your own leisure.

Beejay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 13:50 »
Weather forecast for today in the West Country, Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms so I made other arrangements for today!

No rain, no Thunderstorms! What a wasted day, allotmentwise ::)
The answer lies in what you put into the ground!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 14:28 »
Watched my OH build up the floor inside the new (newish :lol:) pporch so that it is level with the floor in the hallway and the step over the front door. Looks good but I have fallen out of the door twice so far  :lol: :lol:

I waged war with the bindweed :tongue2: in the roses and cleaned duckweed out of the pond :tongue2: :tongue2:

Oh, and we fixed the broken seat of the sofa so I can sit on the level instead of sagging sideways  :D :D

A good weekend all round  :D :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 16:47 »
Watched my OH build up the floor inside the new (newish :lol:) pporch so that it is level with the floor in the hallway and the step over the front door. Looks good but I have fallen out of the door twice so far  :lol: :lol:

I waged war with the bindweed :tongue2: in the roses and cleaned duckweed out of the pond :tongue2: :tongue2:

Oh, and we fixed the broken seat of the sofa so I can sit on the level instead of sagging sideways  :D :D

A good weekend all round  :D :D :D

Surely you could have got someone to do that for you and bought a new sofa and then claimed the cost against your expenses!  :tongue2:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 16:53 »
I suppose I should have mentioned -  NOT an MP  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Babstreefern

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 18:22 »
Had a day off work on Friday, but was raining, so wasted day :(

Saturday, went to Nantwich to get my meat from the farm, total day out, went to pub for our lunch - The Bear at Brereton in Cheshire - should have done this on Friday, but knowing my luck, I would have got stuck in traffic on the M6 somewhere along the way - but I'd already put my meat order in to collect for Saturday.  Then Sunday, lottie here I come :lol: :lol:.  Spent all day digging weeds >:( and putting down slug pellets :blush:.  Sprayed my goosegogs because some of the branches had been stripped of leaves >:(, and finished off today with more weed digging :( - although interrupted with a barbecue with next door lotty friends :D :D.  My OH also finished off his frame for the netting to cover the brussel sprouts to stop the butterflies from crash landing.  Hi Plottered, which allotment site in Tameside are you on?
Babs

diggerjoe

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 19:46 »
I was determined to finish the digging and create my sweetcorn bed at the plot. I spent all saturday in the garden at home potting up baskets for neighbours and finally gave in when it got dark. Sunday was 5 hours at the plot and yes!!!! finally all the plot is dug , first time since I took it on. Worth the backache. Today  finally got the psb in and the sprouts under a newly construted  cage and wouldn't you just know it I didnt take extra debris netting up with me and was short by about 3 ft. Had to cover the end with fleece till I go up again. After the 6 hours today had to ring OH to pick me up as the 20 min walk back would  have finished me off!!! Looking forward to going back to work for a rest  :D :D

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 19:52 »
well done diggerjoe - hiope ypu reep the rewards - nice glass of something is called for methinks :D

xx
Problem bank

Started by tode on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 03, 2009, 18:56
by mumofstig
xx
potato bank ?

Started by Y.E.A.H on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 16, 2010, 15:02
by Y.E.A.H
xx
swede do i bank it up?

Started by tooo many seeds on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 04, 2011, 19:31
by Growster...
xx
AUTUMN/WINTER PROJECTS....

Started by steve chip on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post August 30, 2015, 09:22
by surbie100

Page created in 0.504 seconds with 36 queries.