Hatching eggs from eBay: Brakel, Old English Pheasant Fowl

• 6 Replies

janeheritage

• Experienced Member
You wise chickeneers advise me that my Light Sussex hybrid is broody. I would love to try some hatching eggs. I want a laying breed and since I won't be keeping many of them I'd like to go for breeds that are really rare and might need some more chickens, male and female. Chickens that are pretty would also be favourite.

My birds have a large run (5m x 5m) and spend at least 6 hours a day out on range at least 5 days a week (sometimes only 3 or 4 hours but rarely). They have the run of half of our quarter acre garden.

I was thinking of the Braekel and/or the Old English Pheasant Fowl - there are hatching eggs available on eBay for both of these breeds at present. Any thoughts or advice?

Many thanks!  :D
No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness

Vember

How much are the eggs Jane if you don't mind me asking or are they bids only?

My greatest concern is your girl may not sit full term, if you spend a lot of money on eggs and have no back up  :(

Could you try getting some day olds that you could try and introduce her too? I have introduced chicks of up to 2 weeks old to a broody hen with great results :D

Sarah :)

janeheritage

• Experienced Member
The eggs are bids only, but from an eBay search of completed listings I'm expecting they won't go above £5 for 6 eggs. So I wouldn't mind that much if she didn't manage it.

I will try to be sure that she is good and broody before starting. I will check out the day olds too, though you can't buy them on eBay  :(

Vember

I will check out the day olds too, though you can't buy them on eBay  :(

Pain that isn't it :(

Shame about it being bids only :( Buy it nows I find are better :) Well I've had better hatch rates :)

Ever thought about ducks? I could send you some of those for nowt :D

Sarah :)

poppies

Hi if buying eggs from ebay check feedback even if  they have 100% sometimes the follow up is really bad, I  bought 12 buff sussex on there  all fertile but  none hatched probably old eggs

janeheritage

• Experienced Member
One of the suppliers has 99.8% and the other 100% feedback so I'll hope that they are good eggs.

As for ducks - they have never crossed my mind! Am I allowed to get used to the chickens first?  :ohmy:

too many girls

One of the suppliers has 99.8% and the other 100% feedback so I'll hope that they are good eggs.

As for ducks - they have never crossed my mind! Am I allowed to get used to the chickens first?  :ohmy:

nope

xx
Hatching Guinea Fowl Eggs

Started by rileyfin on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 14:43
by kegs
xx
Ebay and hatching eggs

Started by mobyjones on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 01, 2007, 14:52
by chelle
xx
pheasant eggs

Started by brenda on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post June 17, 2009, 08:43
by joyfull
xx
Guinea Fowl eggs

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 21:09
by Spana

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 37 queries.