My seeds are growing

• 21 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
My seeds are growing
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 20:45 »
Heck Kerry, if it grows, why worry if some peeps see it as cheating?  There are those who say growing onions from sets is cheating, but if it means I can have a reasonable crop of onions, then so be it!  We'll compare at the end of the season, your tapes against my new packet of parsnips!!!!

Kerry

• Experienced Member
My seeds are growing
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 20:46 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
not in the least kerry .i know of a guy who actually sticks his seeds to newspaper strips with wall paper paste ( non fungicle )  :wink:

I was hoping I'd be a wassuck Munty. I Was after a certificate  :D  :D
Mondays are just weeds in the lawn of life !

Kerry

• Experienced Member
My seeds are growing
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 20:48 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
Heck Kerry, if it grows, why worry if some peeps see it as cheating?  There are those who say growing onions from sets is cheating, but if it means I can have a reasonable crop of onions, then so be it!  We'll compare at the end of the season, your tapes against my new packet of parsnips!!!!

Am charging camera batteries up now Grannie. Might go and talk to them tomorrow to spur them on  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
My seeds are growing
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 20:50 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hermon

My seeds are growing
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 13:10 »
i feel very maturnal over my plants they are my children! also had hens for 2 years now and even though i get eggs every day to see them waitng for me in nest box still gives me excitement! :lol: you just can't beat home grown food. i love it

Trillium

My seeds are growing
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 16:02 »
I know I still love seeing my seedlings come through. Gives everyone a renewed sense of life and reconnects us to the earth, something to get up for in the morning. Pity the poor folk who think it's all just a waste of time and go back to their otherwise boring, unfulfilled lives.

As for Shaun's idea of pouring seeded goo into the garden, I remember that idea a few years back. Garden centres were trying to sell a specially made clear goo for that process but by next season, the idea was dead in the water. Either it was because the stuff was too pricey or it was just too messy. If the soil is reasonably warm, just chuck the seeds in regardless if they're loose, taped or whatever. Find what works for you and go for it.  :wink:

muntjac

My seeds are growing
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 18:27 »
:roll: the more ya faff about sowing em in this that or under toms armpit the worse the dissapointment when they dont come through .stop messing about with them .pull ya string line draw ya hoe down it to make a line in the soil sow ya seed cover it with soil , forget it til ya see green fings .take ya string up make another row ,sow summat else and do the same ....... no faffing about  :wink:  :lol: simple innit .. see sig
still alive /............

xx
Growing Veg from seeds

Started by tomboy on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 23, 2010, 18:26
by lanky lurcher
xx
Growing from Seeds.

Started by AndyArch on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 20, 2012, 21:55
by DD.
xx
what seeds are you growing?

Started by Y.E.A.H on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post January 04, 2011, 19:27
by rowlandwells
xx
seeds not growing

Started by L.A. on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 04, 2007, 06:27
by Sadgit

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 36 queries.